WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

This is my grandfathers Omega watch that has been passed down to my dad, my dad would kill me if he found out that I even touched this watch! Well I have managed to take a few quick pictures while he was out and I am just curious to find a little bit more information about this watch like price and how rare and what not. Sorry for the bad lighting!

IMG_2066.jpg
IMG_2067.jpg
IMG_2068.jpg
IMG_2069.jpg

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
Put that back before he busts your knuckles! :scared: :laugh::laugh:

Nice dome dial. :thumbup1: It looks like an early 60's piece.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Put that back before he busts your knuckles! :scared: :laugh::laugh:

Nice dome dial. :thumbup1: It looks like an early 60's piece.
Yes It is somewhere around that time I believe. The watch was actually repaired in around the 90's I believe, and when they were repairing the watch my grandfather actually died! The watch had then been passed down to my aunt and then my dad (long story). Anyways I get the watch when I graduate from High School! :cool1:

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
I wonder if that's a service replacement dial? That, and I thought the crown was a replacement too.

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
The dial on that watch looks like the late 60's dome dials. Here's my old 1968 168.015:

Take the date off it and it's very similar.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my dad was out of the house again this time I tried it on! the watch was a little too tight for my wrist but the watch looked really sexy on my wrist! :biggrin: I also have never tried an automatic watch before and it felt awesome! :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts