WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this post is against the rules/etiquette of the forum but I couldn't find a sticky.

Basically, I'm looking at buying a nice vintage watch for around the $400 mark. I came across this on eBay:

VINTAGE GOLD FILLED WHITE DIAL LONGINES MANUAL WIND WATCH BUY IT NOW | eBay

It is quite a nice-looking watch and the movement is beautiful, but something doesn't feel right about this listing. Can anyone give me advice on whether this is a good buy? I am sorry if this is an annoying question, I have only recently started learning about watches. Thank you for your patience.

·
Banned
615 Posts
If you like the watch it seems quite a good buy.
I have a feeling the seller may accept a bit less - try PM him
Also just ask if the dial has been restored as the 'Longines' looks a bit indecisive printed to me.
Lovely movement and case

Regards

·
Banned
28,290 Posts
Pass on that watch. It's a refinished dial that's not accurate and way overpriced. The 23ZS is a nice movement, but the rest of the watch is mediocre at best. You'd think if it was serviced they'd have put the right length stem and put it back in the case correctly so the crown isn't crooked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.