WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice on crowns used in pre war Hamiltons that use the 6/0 movements with a Tap 8 stem. I would like to know what the types are called and where to get them ...if they are still around ??
I thinks mainly there are two types A) the ones that are used on the models with a tube attacthed on the case like the "Gladsone & Hastings" and
B) the ones that intergrade with the bezel and back of the case like the Dixon & Putnam, they have a sort of sleve that fits over the stem .......can anyone tell me the names and where I can buy these crowns ??
Cheers Peter

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hamilton Crowns

First, have you used the Bestfit Material System books? Secondly, I've had a lot of luck with Otto Frei 510 832 0335. They are proud of the stuff because they're quite pricey. Sometimes, they are the only game in town. They have bought up every parts house of which I'm familiar and many I'm not familiar with. My last purchase from them was 10 987 stems. OEM. I just asked for help, they identified what I needed and I paid out the *** for them.

Good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Tom, thanks for the advise. I have orderd parts before at Otto Frei but knew the names and caliber and part numbers so it was quite easy for them to trace the parts.
In this case I don't know the part number.....wel gave a try, sent them an E-mail, lets see If they can help me.
Thanks for your help. Cheers Peter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts