WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Appreciate anyone could provide some guidance on how to get a good RED?

Question:

- if the dial look too new to be old, how do i know if it is original?
- some hour marker are creamy while some is white, should i always look for yellow creamy marker?
- since movement, bracelet, bezel, crown and crystal are replaceable over time should i look for those worn out and look old to be valued high?
- what is the different in value between with and without paper?
- how can we tell if a dial is Redone?
- is the dial look vintage and dirty command more value than those look mint?
- any informations is much appreciated.

Thanks for sharing, God Bless !

Joe, Malaysia

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will need to post the watch with a dial close up...and papers..That is the only way I can tell you if it is correct or not..

Arthur
Thanks Arthur, but generally what are the things we should look for?
How a vintage 1680 RED is valued? what are the criteria?
Appreciate if you can provide some general guides, thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow.. Nice.... Sweet...
I suppose it is the dial that command the value most, how about the movement, case, and bracelet?n
Hoe can we know if a dial is relume or redone? Also, is the markwr yellowish command higher value?

has pricing between $7,000-10,000..depending on box and papers. Also the depth rating 200/660 or 660/200 is crucial as well on value. Stay away from chipped or relumed dials..

Some of the ones I own below..

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
It is all about condition..

and you need to compare any red 1680 Sub to a correct one before a purchase one..same goes for the caliber, case and case back. Some homework is required, but with the web you can narrow it down.

That is why I always ask a member to post a picture before I respond.
Yellowish or white markers, are fine as long as the lum is original. Redone markers and hands reduce the value as any redone lum job does on any vintage watch.

Arthur

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.