WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up at an auction yesterday. I think it's a mens, and doesn't look like it's been worn very much

I can't find any like it for sale though. It looks like an older quartz, maybe from the 80's?
What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Nice auction score there Esrange...Just be careful and pry the back cover

for access to change the battery out. (Hopefully it hasn't leaked, so examine the battery compartment and contacts for wet or dry acid residue and lightly clean it up without touching the circut coil or bending any contacts)

Looks pretty nice and yes looks like its from the 80's. Very sharp looking watch and leather strap combo.

Congrats, :thumbup1:
Jim

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did pop it open (forgot my camera, argh)
The movement is pretty nice, made of metal. 6 jewels unadjusted.
No corrosion at all and there wasn't a battery inside of it.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
It's a nearly new & and hardly worn watch...The pamplet in the photo should tell

what battery number your watch takes, then you can find a current cross reference battery chart to get the modern cross over or exact battery that it calls for.

Watch Battery Cross Reference Chart

Actually, its a good thing the battery was removed from the compartment, better to have it removed and not be there to leak, than to have a dead battery that leaked and ruined the modual. I think since you say the compartment looks very clean, that a new battery and she will fire right up for you, then use the setting instructions in the booklet to sync the analog/digital time displays.

Cheers, :thumbup1:
Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts