WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bust bought a vintage 1952 bulova L2. I was wondering how high end they were back then? I know they are OK now with good Japanese movements (miyota) but this has the 15 jewel Swiss 10BT movement. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
There is a website dedicated to vintage bulovas, called mybulova.com. Just at the moment, it's down for maintenance, but when it's back up, it really is THE BEST source for info on Bulovas. They have a gazillion ads online that you can view, filed by year, plus members have posted their watches with dates, names, details.

Nice folks, too!

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GeneJockey said:
There is a website dedicated to vintage bulovas, called mybulova.com. Just at the moment, it's down for maintenance, but when it's back up, it really is THE BEST source for info on Bulovas. They have a gazillion ads online that you can view, filed by year, plus members have posted their watches with dates, names, details.

Nice folks, too!
Sweet thanks! I know it's down cuz I stumbled upon it today but they said it was down :( just when I get my first lol. They must be a good brand if they have a site like that lol. How did they compare to omega and hamilton?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello is it possible for you to post a photo of the movement. I am not doubting that the movement is 10BT , i just can not find any reference to it in my book. this has the list of all the Bulova movments. the book was published in 1955 so i thought that it would be in it even thou the BT was made 1953. would be nice if you could please. Many thanks Francis

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello is it possible for you to post a photo of the movement. I am not doubting that the movement is 10BT , i just can not find any reference to it in my book. this has the list of all the Bulova movments. the book was published in 1955 so i thought that it would be in it even thou the BT was made 1953. would be nice if you could please. Many thanks Francis
i cant right now but will when i get home. it is a 1951 movement so it might have had a transplant :huh:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
i cant right now but will when i get home. it is a 1951 movement so it might have had a transplant :huh:
Nah. Bulova case and movement date codes are often a year off. Could be late 1951 for the movement and early 1952 for the case, for example.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Sweet thanks! I know it's down cuz I stumbled upon it today but they said it was down :( just when I get my first lol. They must be a good brand if they have a site like that lol. How did they compare to omega and hamilton?
I think they're perceived as being a notch below Hamilton and Omega. More on a par with Benrus and Gruen. I like them though, I have about 1/2 a dozen struggling to get out of the safe and be worn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts