WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
"Stop buying watches" ? Blasphemy ! Ban him before somebody else gets that idea. :scared:
:lol: Actually, I just bought two more Russian watches. One has the Vostok version of the Swiss Zenith 135 caliber mvt. It won awards in the '60s, IIRC. It has a mechanism that allows you to make extremely fine adjustments when regulating time keeping, as did other officially certified chronographs. This mvt. was only made in the '50s and 60s. This watch is from the '60s and is a Volna (name on dial in Cyrillic) with the Vostok mvt.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
It sounds like the Russian watches must be of higher quality than I realized. Their Slava version of the 214 is on my someday list.
I have some very cheap Chinese watches that drive me crazy because they can be so cheap and work so well.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
I always enjoy your watch photography, kibi. I intend to pull the trigger on one of these Sevilles in the near future if and when I see a really well-preserved one such as this.

It sounds like the Russian watches must be of higher quality than I realized. Their Slava version of the 214 is on my someday list.
I have some very cheap Chinese watches that drive me crazy because they can be so cheap and work so well.
I agree. Many of the Russian watches are quite interesting and apparently collector-worthy.

Reactions: diver
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.