WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
6,890 Posts
Sounds like a good idea Jake. I would set it up as a separate Sticky Thread maybe entitled "Reference Material Links" with all of the links in one post and then close the thread from commenting so that it doesn't get cluttered. If changes need to be made its easy for a Mod (ie Rollerberg2000) to reopen & complete.

·
Premium Member
5,666 Posts
The listing of legit known Spaceview case number references is slowly disappearing when many of the long-known Accutron repair guys are retiring or just disappearing so this list (which is also located on " Rob Berkavicius Accutron Repair page". website Link Rob B Link . Here is the best-known listing of True Spaceview cases. If your Spaceview is not listed under this list, chances are it is an incorrect conversion.

Font Pattern Symmetry Parallel Rectangle

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a USA 214 movement that is very clearly engraved "N8" at the top of the movement. Parts are all gold tone except the tuning fork. It is in a "spaceview" watch that I am sure is a conversion. I am just trying to learn more about what watch the movement might have come from. I cannot seem to find any record of a USA 214 from 1978 (which is what "N8" would indicate. Is it just that N8 is meaningless, and I need the number on the back/inside of the caseback to find the watch, which because this is a mismatch, I cannot do?

BTW: The bottom of the outside caseback says "C26467" above an "M7." It says "10 KT. GOLD FILLED BEZEL" along the top of the outside caseback.

Inside caseback has "2700" stamped in black ink above "12-6," also stamped in black ink. Next to those, at sort of an angle and upsidedown there is a smaller "*494" stamped in a darker black ink.

·
Premium Member
5,666 Posts
Posting pictures would do wonders for helping you out. And a very close up of the so called N8 would help also. M8 would be more in-line with the rest of the watch dates since they stopped making tuning fork accutrons in 1977 (N7). Otherwise you have a 2700 caseback dated 1967 with a stamp inside dated Dec 1966 and a repair service stamp marked 494.

·
Premium Member
5,666 Posts
That does look like N8 even with a little blur. No telling the reason behind it. A spare Pillar Plate was used to replace another and was stamped a year after the regular production ceased? Who knows. Maybe someone else has seen this before. Some things don't always have exact answers. Either way, considering you said it's a Spaceview conversion, I wouldn't be too concerned with that date stamping. It's interesting but an exact answer would probably be impossible to correctly answer. It sounds like the rest of the watch matches with correct numbers. This is called one of many Accutron anomalies.....(y)

Reactions: rollerberg2000
21 - 30 of 30 Posts