WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the world of watch collecting, etc. new to forum also. I recently purchased a ‘lot’ of watches from an estate sale, including a couple of gruen’s, a longines, an empire? and an old looking Benrus that was made either for a very petite woman or adolescent female. I have not had any luck in researching its origins.
I will include the pics that I have taken, but what I know so far... the number on the outside back of the case seems to be irrelevant, there is a hand etched number on the inside of the back of the case, believe it is W-764-V-, on the inside of the fixed white gold band it reads “BENRUS 1/6 10K GF” it appears that there are two small diamonds, one on the top of the bezel and one on the bottom.
can anyone help me with this?

Attachments

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
Welcome Emily. The hand etched marking inside the case is a watchmaker's code that he inscribes when he services a watch. The 10K GF means it's a gold filled model - similar to plating but a little thicker. Someone more versed in Benrus watches will be along to help you more.

Got any pics of the other watches you'd like to share?

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
A fellow in the American Watch Forum called Ham X Guy seems to know a lot about men's Benrus watches, I don't know if he has any knowledge of ladies watches but you might try there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you :eek:)

Hello there...
Thank you for the advice, I will try to hunt down Mr. Ham for interrogation :)
I will post some pics of the other watches that I have come to own, if anyone knows anything about any of them I would be welcome to any and all info. Seems sometimes that google just doesnt cut it when your attempting to research older.
I attached pics of some of the other pieces I have- believe it goes...

Zodiac
Elgin Galaxie
Empire - Red face - very limited info avail. online
Longines
Caravelle

Thank you and have a great day!

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
Welcome...

Emily...

Welcome to the forum...:biggrin:

Looks like you have some interesting watches in your collection. You will find people here most helpful.

I have learned a lot just reading through the threads in the time that I have become a memeber.

Best

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.