WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all
I would like a adres a situation that occurred to me a few weeks ago.
Í.m the owner of a Invicta subagua 5509 watch. the one with a blue rubber band and a gun metal color casing and gun metal details.
After a few months of use, the attachment of one of the watch straps broke. I started looking for a way to get a new watch band and found out that the only way was through Invicta's customer service department. I gave them a call and was attended by a very helpfull person. Since i live in Costa Rica and the postal system here is very unreliable i asked them to send the watchband to an adres in the United states.(miami) All the credit card information(adress ect) and shipping adress were send to this person by e-mail accompanied with a foto of the model of the watch.
They placed the order and I was told it would take up to 3 months before the items arrives.

I actualy recieved a watchband a lot sooner then expected. unfortunately it was send to Costa Rica!!! and it was send with gold accents i.s.o. the black accents to match the gunmetal color case.
I contacted the same person by e-mail and by phone and was told to send back the watchband to the US. Unfortunately I needed to asume the cost for sending back the (wrong) item they send to me.
The cost for sending back this item is extremly high(costs more then the actual watch band) So i asked them to asume the costs for the returning of the item and was told "we can,t do that"
So i asked them to send the correct watchband to me without any cost for me and was told , sorry "we can,t do that"
I asked for the name of a manager or somebody with more power to make desicions or exceptions and was told to contact Brian Baubin, the parts manager.
His only reply was" Unfortunately we can not send a prepaid label out side the US"

Eventhough from my side i tried everything to make sure this order went trough without any problems. it seems that Customer service for Invicta is not something they take very seriously.
Eventhough the mistake was made on Invicta's Customer service side it seems that the customer needs to accept responsibility for thier mistakes.

I hope that for thier sake i,m the only one with this bad experience but i felt the need to share this frustration with other people.

brgds

Peter

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
That's too bad. I'm sorry for this and they should totally pick up the cost for shipping it back to you or at the very least just send you another strap. They are the ones who made a mistake, not you, why should you have to pay for it. I would call them again and talk to someone else. They are so disorganized you might get a totally different answer. Good luck. I hope things work out. Unfortunately experiences like this one are far too common.

Hey... just a thought. Could you have the replacement strap and a pre paid label (for costa rica) sent to Miami and have someone mail the label to you by regular postage. Not a perfect solution but it came to mind.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Unfortunately customer service is not one of their good point, as is with several watch manufacturers. Not a perfect solution, but can you just swap the metal pieces from one to another.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately customer service is not one of their good point, as is with several watch manufacturers. Not a perfect solution, but can you just swap the metal pieces from one to another.
I tried doing that but the screws arereally tight and the only thing that happens is that is twist the tips of my screwdrivers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's too bad. I'm sorry for this and they should totally pick up the cost for shipping it back to you or at the very least just send you another strap. They are the ones who made a mistake, not you, why should you have to pay for it. I would call them again and talk to someone else. They are so disorganized you might get a totally different answer. Good luck. I hope things work out. Unfortunately experiences like this one are far too common.

Hey... just a thought. Could you have the replacement strap and a pre paid label (for costa rica) sent to Miami and have someone mail the label to you by regular postage. Not a perfect solution but it came to mind.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Thanks for your reply

i even mentioned sending the watch strap back to them with a family member as soon as one of them goes to the US.
But unfortunately they want the old watch strap first, and then they send the new one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts