WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I am thinking of buying this Ventura,
It is very cheap ( for obvious reasons !)
From the picture can anyone tell me what's wrong with the dial ? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327333420.548369.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327333436.673812.jpg

·
Registered
507 Posts
The picture is too tiny to make out clearly, but it appears to lack "ELECTRIC" so I assume this is a 1990s reissue. Many of the Venturas of that time period had defective dials on which the paint flaked off, and that appears to be what is happening here. It can be refinished, though the dies to print the markings are made for original dials and the lines do not align exactly perfectly with the contour and size of the reissue dials. Certainly close enough, but not 100%. You can expect scratches and wear, and possible flaking, on the gold-plating of the case. There's really nothing to be done about that since the cases were base metal at that time. Scratched crystals are another problem -- replacements are no longer available. (Crystals for original Venturas or the current generation of reissues will not fit cases made in the 90s).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that !!
It was very helpful.
Would I be able to take this into a swatch dealership for repair to the dial then do you think ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah !
That's just what I'm gonna do !
It's on eBay @ $150 at the moment
There are a lot of them online for about $250 (new)
I'm just not sure how reliable they are, what with them being 'replicas'
Im not really sure if replica means fake or not ??
I'm new to all this (it's tough trying to get hold of nice watches when you're as broke as me !!) but I'll keep trying !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts