WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a Venom 1539 All stainless model. Thus far I am loving it!

A question...is there a specific Venom manual anywhere out there? The one I got is very generalized. Im suspecting since they have so darn many models.

Also, on the Venom, I have a question on the chronograph buttons. I obviously have to unscrew them to operate the chronograph functions. I forgot they were unscrewed and I got my watch wet in the sink. Is this bad or is it still sealed?

Sorry if this seems like a newb question, but this is the first really nice watch Ive ever had. : )

·
Super Moderator
16,551 Posts
...Is this bad.....?
Yes it could be. And, it depends on your definition of "wet". The 3 holes in your watch's case (for the crown and the pushbuttons) are the case's weakest spots in the war against water damage. You therefore screw down the crown and pushbuttons to seal the watch against leakage.
Now, if some small amount of water just splashed on the watch in general, there's an excellent chance no harm was done- just be more careful in the future. If the watch was actually submerged for any length of time, well, that's different. It's possible that steps may be needed to dry the innards so that it doesn't harm the electric circuitry or battery contacts.

BTW- I tell my guys in The Beginners Forum don't worry about questions. NOBODY is born with this knowledge. The only way you're gonna know is to ask!

·
Super Moderator
16,551 Posts
Thinking gets me in trouble so I try to avoid it when possible. But if I had to make a guess, you'll probably be okay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.