WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a "Kelly Blue Book" kind of thing for watches, winders, etc?

I have some things I'd like to sell and, while I certainly know what I paid for them, I want to be sure I'm asking a fair price for them. Checking eBay doesn't always help, because auctions often end without result, so that only gives an indication of a price which may be too high.

Saving something like that, if anyone has an encyclopedic knowledge of values, and would like to help me out, I'd appreciate it...

·
Banned
778 Posts
I use google and Chrono24 mainly. I also check auction results and cross reference all details.

I have never sold a watch but I do use the information when haggling to buy one!

·
Banned
615 Posts
Is there a "Kelly Blue Book" kind of thing for watches, winders, etc?

I have some things I'd like to sell and, while I certainly know what I paid for them, I want to be sure I'm asking a fair price for them. Checking eBay doesn't always help, because auctions often end without result, so that only gives an indication of a price which may be too high.

Saving something like that, if anyone has an encyclopedic knowledge of values, and would like to help me out, I'd appreciate it...
No, absolutely nothing like that.
Experience, luck and who is selling the item.

Always check here if you need advice.
A

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use google and Chrono24 mainly. I also check auction results and cross reference all details.

I have never sold a watch but I do use the information when haggling to buy one!
Thanks! Never heard of Chrono24; that's an interesting (and dangerous, in a good way) site...

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Closed listings on eBay - the ones with green prices reflect actual selling prices.... provided that a shill bidder wasn't the winner and the item got relisted.
Thanks!

I'm not overly savvy with eBay. I didn't know that the green prices reflected what things sold for but, apparently, yeah!

·
Super Moderator
16,574 Posts
Don't worry about it- I didn't know about that feature either until after I started coming here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.