WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Hope it was a good holiday season for everyone.

I was wanting some opinion on the actual value of this watch. Thanks!

Auction number 280797615650

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Case looks nice except for the wear on the back corners. Restored dial and hands would cost less than $50. The average price is $265 with the most recent being $203 $150 $171 $307 $200

I sold one some time ago in much better condition for $300

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
I agree with Tom, you can find a nicer one for less. On the engraved Tonneau, be sure to pick one with a nice bezel where the engravings are still crisp. Again, this example is a good one, but you can find another as they made a lot of them.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks All

Thanks all. This kind of listing really irritates me. Nice watch, sky high price with no 'Best Offer'. Seems like a waste of time where no one gains anything.

I think the tonneau style is one of the best from Hamilton but oddly enough don't have one yet. Looking to get at least one of all the geometrics. Staples indeed.

Maybe after it doesn't sell they will come down significantly in price!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I agree, it seems many sellers aren't worried about wasting their time, and tying up their money. If they are misinterpreting their market, they might sit on an item for a very long time.

I have bought a few items where I was able to "make and offer" that the seller took when the BIN wasn't met.

I guess some people may have all the time in the world to wait for "the buyer" to pay their price. And, who am I to say, maybe there is success that I don't see. But, there seem to be a number of items I know by heart from seeing for the last year..............

·
Registered
719 Posts
....like the Sentinel for $440 BIN? :001_rolleyes:
Oh my God, yes! I hate that watch!

Sorry. I got carried away. I like the watch but can't understand why the seller keeps listing it for that price even though no one has bought it for at least 2 years and maybe longer :blink:

Mark S.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Oh my God, yes! I hate that watch!

Sorry. I got carried away. I like the watch but can't understand why the seller keeps listing it for that price even though no one has bought it for at least 2 years and maybe longer :blink:

Mark S.
LOL! I am pretty sure it is the same watch and seller - I happened to notice today that it is listed for a starting bid of $200 - not sure if you saw it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts