WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Value of Fortis Cosmonaut Automatic

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  eva89 
#1 ·
Hello! I am new to this forum. I have been trying to study and learn about watches for the past year or so, and about a year ago I bought my first watch of what I hope to be a big collection some day - A Victorinox Ambassador Automatic with day and date, blue face, and stainless steel bracelet. I am very happy with the watch, and am ready to purchase another addition to the collection. I know a little about watches, but definitely have much to learn.

A friend has a Fortis Cosmonaut automatic watch that he received as a gift. He does not really know much about watches, and in the several years he has owned it, has only worn it three times. He has the original box and papers, and everything is perfect. It is stainless steel with a black face, and displays the day and date. The model number is 610.22.11M. I beleive the original MSRP on this watch, from what I was able to research online, was approximately $800. I attached a stock online picture of this model to this post.

My question is what is this watch worth? I mentioned I was looking for a new watch, and he showed me this one. I had actually been looking at Fortis watches, and was surprised to see that he had one. It has been worn, but barely - it is in like new condition. This model is also discontinued and no longer available. I would like to offer him a fair price - fair for both of us - and was hoping for some guidance. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Eva, welcome to Watch Talk Forums. I looked at the very same watch last year and I think the model number is actually 610.10.11M. It's water resistant to 200 meters, has an ETA 2836-2 inside, and could come on bracelet or with a leather strap (change the M to an L for leather). The list retail from Fortis is $1275 on bracelet and $1100 on leather. I've seen them sell pre-owned for anywhere from $400 to $700 depending on condition, leather or bracelet, and whether or not the box & papers were included.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.