WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious to see if any of you experienced watch collectors have information on the Val-Swiss automatic movements. While I'm sure they aren't Top Of The Line, I would be interested because of the price point. Swiss Legend has started using this movement in their Neptune line, started selling last night at $169.00 with a watch winder included. I would love to get some automatic movements in my collection and this would be a good way to start, I'm hoping to work my way up to the 7750's of the world. Looking online I get comments from that other forum (you know, the one that every other word in the postings is a cuss word and any watch under $25,000.00 is a piece of S--T). Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very possible, the words came out of Jim Skelton's mouth. According to him, it is a swiss company, not related in any way to any other swiss company that starts with "val" and not associated with Swatch Group. He said they make simple 3-hand automatic movements, but will also make modifications to add complications to their movements. The Neptune's are 3-hand but Swiss Legend has new models coming out with these movements with lots of cool complications. I have 2 Swiss Legend watches, both have performed beyond expectations, and these new movements will still get a 5 year warranty. Just can't seem to find any info. But for us "poor collectors", might be an opportunity to get into the automatic line of watches.

·
Registered
466 Posts
In Australia we call Try Hard..............

I am curious to see if any of you experienced watch collectors have information on the Val-Swiss automatic movements. While I'm sure they aren't Top Of The Line, I would be interested because of the price point. Swiss Legend has started using this movement in their Neptune line, started selling last night at $169.00 with a watch winder included. I would love to get some automatic movements in my collection and this would be a good way to start, I'm hoping to work my way up to the 7750's of the world. Looking online I get comments from that other forum (you know, the one that every other word in the postings is a cuss word and any watch under $25,000.00 is a piece of S--T). Any info would be appreciated.
:huh::huh:Watches cost less than $25,000 is s***. Which forum is this? They are not buyin timepiece. Just the brand.
This people can't afford to buy the company name so they buy the watch with the brand.:001_tt2::lol::lol:

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Dude, expand your horizons. Of course there is some brand markup here, but start talking precious metals, extensive hand finishing, high beat movements, etc and there is considerably more cost involved than jamming some generi-watch down an assembly line in China.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
More (speculative) info: Assuming that "Val-Swiss" does indeed refer to the Valanvron Co., rumor has it that the company that financed Valanvron is owned by Seagull - would certainly make sense if true - and lend credibility to the idea of "Swissed-up" Seagulls a la Claro-Semag.

·
Banned
28,290 Posts
:huh::huh:Watches cost less than $25,000 is s***. Which forum is this? They are not buyin timepiece. Just the brand.
This people can't afford to buy the company name so they buy the watch with the brand.:001_tt2::lol::lol:
Uh huh. :001_rolleyes: You just keep on proving that your brainwashed. Are you Skelton's son?

The word Val-Swiss was purposely created to sound like Valjoux and hopefully fool the uninformed into buying Invicters. Maybe the Lalo and Skelton made it up thinking it would subliminally suggest quality to their audience. It doesn't fool us though.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
some info I dug up:

Valanvron Movements?

I was recently asked whether I know this manufacturer of Swiss Made movements.

Yes and no at the same time. I heard of them for the first time at Baselworld in 2009. By chance I bumped into a rep of theirs at the booth of a friend of mine. The movements the rep showed us were quite well made and clones of the ubiquitous calibres 2824, 2836 and 2892. As I was not interested I had thrown away his business card and all forgotten about the conversation till I received an e-mail last week asking about the company.

According to rumours running the company is financed by the Chinese movement manufacturer Seagull.

At the occasion of the SIHH in Geneva some company representatives did the rounds of the GTE and showed superbly finished movements with complications added. It transpired that the decoration was done by a company called Nigiro Ltd. from Hong Kong and that the movements are assembled in Switzerland using mostly Swiss components and spirals from Generale Ressorts from Bienne.

In any event the company seems to be taken serious enough that they were granted access to the SIHH and the GTE for their reps.

And no, the name Valanvron is not a combining of Valjoux and Le Landeron the two famous movement brands of yore but it is the name of a hamlet close to La Chaux-de-Fonds of the same name. Valanvron is a few kilometers from La Chaux-de-Fonds in the direction of Belfort. The place is well known for its music festival Le Petit Festival de la Grande Prairie.

La Chaux-de-Fonds is not only a watch making center of excellence but also Europe's highest town from an altitude point of view. Its height is exactly 1000 meters from sea-level and the trees on its main thoroughfare Le Pod are trimmed in such a way that they are at an altitude of exactly 1000 meters above sea-level too. The Le Pod being somewhat lower than the highest point of the town.

To be continued........
Valanvron Movements? - BDWF Forum Index Page

·
Super Moderator
16,892 Posts
If anyone would know about ValSwiss, it is Mr. Elsener!
We were all wondering where future watch movements would be coming from for brands not belonging to The Swatch Group. Perhaps this is part of that answer?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Uh huh. :001_rolleyes: You just keep on proving that your brainwashed. Are you Skelton's son?

The word Val-Swiss was purposely created to sound like Valjoux and hopefully fool the uninformed into buying Invicters. Maybe the Lalo and Skelton made it up thinking it would subliminally suggest quality to their audience. It doesn't fool us though.
Wow!! All I asked is has anyone heard the name Val-Swiss before. I am not Skelton's son, nor am I promoting Swiss Legend or any other brand. Just wanted to know has anyone heard of the movement. As a new watch collector I was curious. I like to collect watches but don't have a big budget so the Invicta's and Swiss Legend's will have to do for now. I have had good luck (so far) with those brands. For those who suggested the Valanvron, thank you.

·
Banned
28,290 Posts
Wow!! All I asked is has anyone heard the name Val-Swiss before. I am not Skelton's son, nor am I promoting Swiss Legend or any other brand. Just wanted to know has anyone heard of the movement. As a new watch collector I was curious. I like to collect watches but don't have a big budget so the Invicta's and Swiss Legend's will have to do for now. I have had good luck (so far) with those brands. For those who suggested the Valanvron, thank you.
Take a better look at that post - I was replying directly to 9pm, not you. That's the reason I even quoted him.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Take a better look at that post - I was replying directly to 9pm, not you. That's the reason I even quoted him.
Sorry, this is the first forum I've found that usually doesn't look down on the "TV" brand watches and I can ask serious questions about brands like Invicta or Swiss Legend without being ridiculed. I know there are name brand watches that make inexpensive automatic watches but when I hear of a new movement I get curious especially if I can get one under $200.00 with a winder and a 5 year warranty. Maybe I pay too much attention to those TV brands, I would never swear by what they say, they are salesmen after all, but that's where my budget is right now and I am still very new at this. You have made some informative posts and I appreciate your sharing what you have learned.

·
Banned
28,290 Posts
Sorry, this is the first forum I've found that usually doesn't look down on the "TV" brand watches and I can ask serious questions about brands like Invicta or Swiss Legend without being ridiculed. I know there are name brand watches that make inexpensive automatic watches but when I hear of a new movement I get curious especially if I can get one under $200.00 with a winder and a 5 year warranty. Maybe I pay too much attention to those TV brands, I would never swear by what they say, they are salesmen after all, but that's where my budget is right now and I am still very new at this. You have made some informative posts and I appreciate your sharing what you have learned.
No worries. If it weren't for 9pm's blatant and overbearing rhetoric I wouldn't have said anything about Invicter so you can blame his brainwashed blather for the recent spate of anti-Invicta posts. Otherwise it would have been live and let live.

·
Registered
466 Posts
No worries. If it weren't for 9pm's blatant and overbearing rhetoric I wouldn't have said anything about Invicter so you can blame his brainwashed blather for the recent spate of anti-Invicta posts. Otherwise it would have been live and let live.
Must be that 7750 smoke n mirrors thing.:T
Jim's son?:confused1: That is your fellow countryman. I'm Australian.:biggrin:
For the record, I'm banned from watchgeeks for a reason.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.