WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Introducing the 2012 V series! These will be added to our website to pre-order on January 3rd, 2012.

This is a preview. All final specs and pricing will be listed January 3rd.

The V5,V6, and V7 models will use the ultra slim 28,800BPH Miyota 9015 movement.

The V1 RED series is a special edition of the V1 that will only be available directly through lum-tec.com. These will feature the TOP series ETA 2824 that is fully decorated with geneva stripes, flame blued screws and decorated rotor. This model will also include a 3rd strap in brown color with dark gray stitching similar to our M47 strap color combo. This model will be made in a numbered series of 150pcs only.

V5 - Featuring a reverse MDV luminous dial.

V6 - Featuring a two-tone rose gold PVD and black PVD case.

V7 - Featuring a two-tone Stainless steel and black PVD case.

·
Registered
15,314 Posts
Very nice !!

Big fan of V5 and V7, but V1-red steals the show....
Any pics of the decorated movement and the rotor?
(or at least a graphic rendering of the rotor if it has the LT logo?)

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice !!

V1-red steals the show....
Any pics of the decorated movement and the rotor?
(or at least a graphic rendering of the rotor?)
We do not have the movements in yet! We will get lots of pics when we have them though. They will have the Geneva stripes and rhodium polish.

·
Registered
336 Posts
@ Chris

Nice watches ...but;

These will be added to our website to pre-order on January 3rd, 3012.
I think; i won't be here on Earth, for that long :T

Another question ...

What about the Valjoux 7750 movements that you have, laying around ?
Are there any plans for it, i'm curious.

·
Registered
15,314 Posts
We do not have the movements in yet! We will get lots of pics when we have them though. They will have the Geneva stripes and rhodium polish.
Thanks, Chris..
How about the rotor? Decorated with Geneva stripes and also with LT logo or some sort of Lt script
or standard (non-LT customized) TOP grade rotor decoration (most likely Geneva stripes)?

Either way - its a great news that you were still able to source some ETAs. I know I speak for many here, when
I say that the extra cost you incur would be offset by purchases from those people who prefer Swiss powered
watches AND are OK to pay more for this opportunity).

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
Wow....these all look fantastic.

What a surprise to see an option for a fully decorated ETA 2824. That's quite a tempting prize. My only hesitation is that my V1 really hasn't been getting much wrist time...it seems like when I'm in the mood for a Lum-Tec, I reach for my M27 or M51.

I tend to think I'd be more inclined to wear the V7 though. Decisions....decisions....

·
Registered
750 Posts
Oh my...

I agree with Milos, the V1 Red Series is a show-stopper! :001_wub:

There are going to be some very tough decisions being made January 3rd... :scared:

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
Well, I just got off the phone with Lum-Tec, so I'll post the information I received to save them from getting a bunch more calls... :T

The movement and the dial from the V1 Red is NOT compatible with the other V series cases....like the V7 for example.

So now I guess I have to choose between the V1 Red and the V7. :cursing:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Well, I just got off the phone with Lum-Tec, so I'll post the information I received to save them from getting a bunch more calls... :T

The movement and the dial from the V1 Red is NOT compatible with the other V series cases....like the V7 for example.

So now I guess I have to choose between the V1 Red and the V7. :cursing:
Lol, I kind of figured this would be the case due to the different movements, but I was already in the middle of drafting an email to Chris asking him a very similar question just to be sure (I'd love to have the dial and movement from the V1 Red in a PVD case).

Oh well, I guess that's one less email Chris will have to deal with today! :001_tongue:

·
Registered
132 Posts
no V-series chronograph??

Thanks for the spy photos Chris....they all look great! A V7 will definitely be making its way to Boston in 2012. I was waiting to see if their was going to be a chronograph offering in the V-line for 2012...guess not. Oh well......I will certainly be more than happy with a V7!

Thanks again for providing photos of the upcoming models.

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lol, I kind of figured this would be the case due to the different movements, but I was already in the middle of drafting an email to Chris asking him a very similar question just to be sure (I'd love to have the dial and movement from the V1 Red in a PVD case).

Oh well, I guess that's one less email Chris will have to deal with today! :001_tongue:
Just to clarify,

The V1 RED dial and movement will ONLY be available in the V1 RED model.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I may become a drug dealer so I can afford all of te 2012 models I want! You are evil Chris!

The V5 is the one I have been anxiously anticipating, and now the V1 RED comes and were back to square 1....I have a feeling those will sell out fast.

Great work as usual. You'll be getting a pre-order from me on one of these!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts