WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased my 4158 less than two months ago and it has already needed a battery change. I use the chrono off and on, but once I left it running for a day and a half, then soon after, the center stop would no longer function. After I changed the battery, everything worked as normal. Has anyone had this experience with the Ronda?

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! I have owned a couple Invicta watches featuring the Rhonda 5040D without any issues. Running the chrono will be an additional drain on the battery. Also if its the original battery you won't be sure how long it was sitting on the shelf (running) prior to you purchasing it. The watch could be a couple years old when you bought it and thenn running the chrono just killed it. I would grab a new battery at radio shack (or wherever) and see how long it lasts. Good luck. Great pics too BTW.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
First of all let me say welcome to the forum. That is a really nice looking piece you have and it looks great on the leather. I have at least a half dozen watches with the 5040.D in them and have had no issues with any of them. I run the chrono on and off on them and the battery has lasted over two years in them. Each one still has the original battery that they were shipped with. You may have just had a bad battery, so let's see what happens now with the new one before we decide that you have an issue. Hopefully it will run normally and you can enjoy your new timepiece, good luck and keep us posted with what going on.

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Rhonda is an odd company. I had a Rhonda that was great but they are touchy. Some good some bad. I had an ISA that was garbage. And I mean CRAP!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First of all let me say welcome to the forum. That is a really nice looking piece you have and it looks great on the leather. I have at least a half dozen watches with the 5040.D in them and have had no issues with any of them. I run the chrono on and off on them and the battery has lasted over two years in them. Each one still has the original battery that they were shipped with. You may have just had a bad battery, so let's see what happens now with the new one before we decide that you have an issue. Hopefully it will run normally and you can enjoy your new timepiece, good luck and keep us posted with what going on.

Thanks for the welcome CASTLK, I'm thinking it was a bad battery as well. I took video with my phone of what happens when the battery gets low, the center stop-second ceased to function completely, even with trying to manually zero it. Other than that, it was still keeping time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts