WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought three Accutrons from eBay at what I thought were very good prices. My next, and last, will be a Spaceview. As I have been scouring eBay for well over six months I have noticed a sizable number of Accutrons come from BULGARIA!

Any ideas or theories on how so many Accutrons end up in that country? It seems to be a cottage industry for someone over there and I have noticed they rarely have Spaceviews but plenty of vintage models.

:confused1:

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
If you are referring to one particular eBay seller named "Anticvarius", he does list many Accutrons. He used to reside on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls but moved back to his home country - Bulgaria. He has serviced thousands of Accutrons and has parts and equipment to service all 6 calibers of tuning fork Accutrons, as well as tuning fork movements from companies other than Bulova. I stumbled across him on eBay last year and since have purchased 3 serviced Accutrons from him and sent several of mine to him for service. Since then, others here on the forum have also purchased from him and use him for service. We have found him to be reputable and to do a good job on service. No, at the present time, he doesn't have Spaceviews listed. They are in demand and many sellers are converting other models to a Spaceview - often without describing them as such. I am not aware of others from Bulgaria selling Accutrons but I really haven't been checking lately.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is certainly great information. It is quite surprising to see Accutrons listed from Bulgaria but now I understand (I guess). He is the only source from that country I have seen and I was impressed that he has a 100% rating. Now I have no hesitations about doing business with him.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Good info! :thumbup1: Thanks to wwoof for the question, and oliverb for the answer. :cool1:

·
Registered
235 Posts
If you are referring to one particular eBay seller named "Anticvarius", he does list many Accutrons. He used to reside on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls but moved back to his home country - Bulgaria. He has serviced thousands of Accutrons and has parts and equipment to service all 6 calibers of tuning fork Accutrons, as well as tuning fork movements from companies other than Bulova. I stumbled across him on eBay last year and since have purchased 3 serviced Accutrons from him and sent several of mine to him for service. Since then, others here on the forum have also purchased from him and use him for service. We have found him to be reputable and to do a good job on service. No, at the present time, he doesn't have Spaceviews listed. They are in demand and many sellers are converting other models to a Spaceview - often without describing them as such. I am not aware of others from Bulgaria selling Accutrons but I really haven't been checking lately.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Just did a quick check on the "Anticvarius" Bay listings and yes, there is a 214 Spaceview plus a 214 SS Bow-Tie
(come to think about it, I think Bow-Tie's in both 214 & 218 only came in SS) listed... I have a 218 B-T but
214's are not in my Accuquartz/tron stash...

There is another Bulgarian seller listed on the Bay, "hronotime (1088) 100%" dealing in Accutron parts, etc
but I have not seen any complete watch offerings and his feedback notes (quick scan!) didn't show much other
than parts however I suspect from observed similarity's in the site construction there is a close connection to
Ludmil... The site originated in Sept 2008.

UPDATE: The Bow-Tie appears to have been purchased but the GP Spaceview (350673192757)
is still listed... No, my mistake, the Bow-tie is still there, (350663196168)...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.