WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On September 26, 2011, I posted an entry on this forum titled "New information about HOW TO PHASE A TUNING FORK ACCUTRON, and others". TODAY, (as of this writing), there has been new information updated on The Accutron Watch Page about how to deal with difficult to phase Accutrons, especially 214's, and a new link to the Power Supply Page. If you have previously visited the posting referenced above, by all means go back and carefully read it again. If you don't see the new information, you might try refreshing your web browser. The newly revealed information may well be one of the most guarded secrets of Accutron repairers. Rob thought long and hard about revealing this information to the world, including me. He finally decided to do it for the betterment of the Accutron community. Rob is an avid watch maker hobbyist with more than 25 years of experience with all kinds of watches. He very unselfishly wants to do whatever he can to improve the state of the art of watch repair.

The power supply page is still being created but at least the link is now on the home page of Rob's The Accutron Watch Page, and Rob told me the schematics and associated information will be uploaded within a week. The severe flooding conditions in Bangkok, where Rob lives, have caused a lot of delays in Rob's schedule.

In my collection I have six 214's that would not run properly on a 1.55 volt Silver Oxide cell. I previously had to use a diode regulated cell such as an Accucell in them. But after using the newly revealed technique I was able to rephase all six of them to run as solid as a rock on a standard 387S cell. And yes they run within Bulova factory specifications for a new watch at +/- 1 minute per month. Actually, I have them regulated to more like +/- 15 seconds per month. Admittedly I don't wear them except to test them, but they are very stable when being worn as well.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts