WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking to acquire a Germany-made watch for some time now. Perhaps the reputation German engineers (and clockmakers) have for superior craftsmanship, aesthetic conservatism, and attention to functionality and fine detail over extravagance has become somewhat stereotypical and clichéd. One can argue, however, that this reputation has been well-earned over time more by it's basis in example-after-example, than in stereotype. Which brings me here.

Where to begin? There are so many aesthetically pleasing German watch manufacturers. A. Lange & Söhne, Glashütte Original, and Mühle-Glashütte Instruments are some of the more visible and historic brands. The first two are way above my pay-grade to afford, and I have been looking very hard at the Mühle-Glashütte line- more than one of which is definitely on the short list of my future purchases. But, as I have found out, these are just a few of the German brand offerings out there, many of which are affordable to the "average" watch enthusiast! Arctos, Archimede, Nomos Glashütte, Steinhart, Stowa, Hanhart, Sinn, and of course, Mühle-Glashütte are a few that come to mind in terms of relative affordability to, say, A. Lange & Söhne.

Well, to make a long story short, I had to begin my German horological experience first by looking at several of these manufacturers and then narrowing down my list of possible purchases by determining: 1 which ones most suited my tastes, and 2. which one(s) I could afford at this time. I began by perusing the various gray-market online dealers and watch collector forums private buyers & sellers' sites (looking at photos until I saw something that struck me and then learning as much as I could about that particular brand and model). I soon settled my focus on the Sinn 203 St and began a serious search for a pre-owned unit I could afford. Patience paid off and when one became available - I pounced on it. So, without further ado, this are some of the seller's photos of my very first Germany manufactured watch which the seller will ship by USPS Priority mail on Monday and should arrive at my door by Wednesdaory Thursday:

Sinn 203 St

photos used by permission of seller

Needless to say, I'm excited to be joining the German Watch Forum and club! :cool1:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Beautiful Sinn.

Welcome to the club Alton1!

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks guys. Those are the seller's pictures. I hope to have some of my own personal photos posted here by the end of the week. I'm really impressed by the Sinn line. I've also got my radar set on a Sinn Arktis 203 blue dial w/copper sulfate dehumidifier capsule and inert gas technology. :drool:

The watch is not on it's original strap, but the seller is including the original strap plus another one- bringing the total to 3 straps altogether.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The watch arrived Wednesday, June 16th. I thought I owed a couple of my own pics!

Needless to say, I love this watch! I'm already looking forward to my next Sinn! :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts