WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I inherited a watch from my uncle and its really not something I want or would ever wear so i was going to sell it and wasnt really sure what it is or what to ask for it or if anyone would even want it. It is in its original case and has never been worn. He worked for B. Green and I assume thats where he had gotten it from thats why the BG is on there.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I think my tired old eyes see P8 on the back and, if they do, that would date the watch to 1988. It doesn't appear that it is made of a precious metal.
In any event, quartz watches aren't what collectors are after so your market is someone seeking a cheap watch to use. I would say it is worth no more than $50 but we'll see what others think.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Since Bulova stopped making tuning fork driven Accutrons in 1977, they have continued capitalizing on the Accutron name and tuning fork symbol. You have what appears to be a pristine quartz driven analog (hands) watch in it's original box. As Skypilot said, the collectors market for older quartz watches is not as large but there are folks who do collect them. His price estimate is probably about right. If you sell on eBay you just never know what will happen. It may only go for $20-$30 or surprise you and go for closer to $100. The older quartz movements were often of higher quality than many made today with plastic parts. A pic of the movement would tell.

·
Banned
605 Posts
I reckon with those company watches, if the company is still around, drop their P.R dept an email and a photo and a story. You never know. They might pay quite well.

I found an inscription and tracked it down to a famous diner, just for fun. They bought it on ebay and were thrilled to get and ex-employess watch! On display on their wall.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, thank you guys so much for the input. Im going to contact the company first i would rather see what they say first, then put it on ebay. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.