WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....Been back in Michigan for a couple of days now ......and this is what met my eyes yesterday afternoon when we stepped out the side door to go to the market ......

this is directly across the street from the farmhouse where I stay in the winter ......and the sun rises behind that barn .......

and then this was taken from the end of the driveway ....looking south ( I think) .....it's funny, in California, I never have a problem knowing which direction is where....east is that way ....no problem ......

but here ! ...not so much ......I keep getting turned around all the time ....thinking I am facing north ....and nope that's south .....

I wasn't that crazy about the shots of the house I took .....so won't post any until I get it right ! ...and I will ....I have some lovely ones from previous winters. ... but I want to post this years work .....

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
......I know, when I tell people I go to Michigan in the winter......I get this head tilt, and funny look....."isn't that backwards?"

for most people ....sure ....but after nearly 50 years of California wet winters, I am sick of the rain .......I like snow much better.......'

and the outdoor markets are a very iffy way to make a living in a northern California winter,......seems like it rains every weekend .....can nice all week, and you can bet it will rain on the weekend !

·
Registered
495 Posts
I see nothing wrong with going to Michigan in the winter, that appeals to me.

Of course I go ice fishing almost every March in Wyoming, what does that say. LOL

Reactions: salleh

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hahah, coming to Michigan in the Winter :) But then there is sledding and the "holiday feeling" and you get peace and quiet because no one goes out as much. When I lived in the country in Wisconsin you could even lay on the highways as no one would be coming down them :) Nice pics btw!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts