WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was so happy to finally find this watch in a yellow dial. Now after two years it stops working. This is my first Citizen watch and I was delighted to give it a try. Not too keen on Citizen now. I love automatic watches because I don't like having batteries replaced and waterproof seals broken but maybe I should just by quartz now.

Anything "normally" go wrong with these watches that I need to know about? Normal use, every day. Nothing catastrophic happened to it either. . .

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

Usually, Citizen quartz divers run great for many years, but I have heard of a few issues regarding the Citizen Aqualand 2 model.

Most quartz watches have a 3 year battery life, with the exception to some of the newer Lithium powered cells that are said to have a lifespans of 7+ years I believe.

Hope you get her back up & running soon, :thumbup1:

Have a nice Christmas & Happy Holidays!

Jim

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear that.

Usually, Citizen quartz divers run great for many years, but I have heard of a few issues regarding the Citizen Aqualand 2 model.

Most quartz watches have a 3 year battery life, with the exception to some of the newer Lithium powered cells that are said to have a lifespans of 7+ years I believe.

Hope you get her back up & running soon, :thumbup1:

Have a nice Christmas & Happy Holidays!

Jim
Spring screw fell out. Repaired and back to working!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't like having batteries replaced and waterproof seals broken but maybe I should just by quartz now. . .[/QUOTE said:
If you don't like replacing batteries, why not go with an Eco-Drive? My E-D PC is going on 9 years now, and no special steps have been taken to keep it charged except not putting it away from any light source during the day and early evening when not worn.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.