WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my two seiko 5s. the blue one is slightly larger than the beige:

not expensive at all at about $70 each, but they look great and get a lot of wrist time :) i like the glass backs and the webbed straps.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I love my Seiko 5 (I have the beige one on the right), but hated that webbed strap. Whenever it got wet, it got soggy and itchy. Perhaps I'm just delicate! I swapped the fabric for an olive green NATO, which looks fantastic and shrugs off the water.

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Brilliant watches - I had the blue one but sold it as I found it a bit too small for my wrist.
I love my Seiko 5 (I have the beige one on the right), but hated that webbed strap. Whenever it got wet, it got soggy and itchy. Perhaps I'm just delicate! I swapped the fabric for an olive green NATO, which looks fantastic and shrugs off the water.
Agree - the strap let it down, but fortunately there's such a choice of good straps around that fixing that problem is fairly easy :thumbup1:

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's a coincidence, I bought a black one, SNK809, at Amazon.com today, think it was $63, free shipping. Heard good things and was curious. Sounds like a good beater.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i really don't need another watch right now, nor another seiko, but i couldn't resist this 42mm beauty on ebay philippines at the price it was going for, buy-it-now--the equivalent of $63 with free shipping and an extra strap. how could i say no? take note, this is the big 42 and not the old 37mm.

this will be my 3rd seiko5 military, and my 2nd 42mm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts