WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both are lower end watches from both makers, but, they fit my budget and I like the way they look.

First, the Swiss Military Hanowa Mountain Guide. Swiss made, Swiss quartz, and sapphire crystal. It is light, thin, and smaller watch. For less than a $100 I don't think you can go wrong with this watch.

The other watch is a Victorinox Maverick II Dual Time Zone. Swiss made, quartz, anti-reflective sapphire, water resistant to 330 feet, and a rotating bezel. Of the two, this is the watch I really like. The anti-reflective crystal is simply amazingly clear and the watch face has subtle variations that constantly catch your attention. Quality wise, in my collection, I'd put this up there with my Hamilton Khaki King. It looks and feels well made. Plus, the rubber strap has a nice feel to it.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd be interested to see if they use two separate movements in the dual time zone watch. Nice color combo and I like the big date at 12. :thumbup1:
First, thanks for removing the extra thread. Can't even explain how I managed that one.

As far as the Victorinix I was wondering that as well. I searched at Victorinox's website but there was really no indication as to engineering behind it. But I'm guessing if TX bragged about their separate motors, they would have as well.

·
Banned
28,290 Posts
First, thanks for removing the extra thread. Can't even explain how I managed that one.
No worries. You aren't the first and won't be the last to have that happen. I sweep a mean broom. :laugh:

As far as the Victorinix I was wondering that as well. I searched at Victorinox's website but there was really no indication as to engineering behind it. But I'm guessing if TX bragged about their separate motors, they would have as well.
I know what I'd do to find out.

:001_tongue::lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Hey Grumpy...congrats on two excellent pick ups very clean faces and with nice features that make them stand out on the wrist. I really like them both...makes me realize I don't have one from either of those companies and that I'd better get one on my list. :001_smile: Wear em in good health.

-Shawn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.