WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently got a combat B12, and now I am eying the tungsten line. My main question is are the worth the money, and if so what model would be best. I really like the look of them from what i have seen on the web site.

·
Registered
750 Posts
So I recently got a combat B12, and now I am eying the tungsten line. My main question is are the worth the money, and if so what model would be best. I really like the look of them from what i have seen on the web site.
Whether they're worth it or not and which model is best are questions only you can answer as they're both heavily dependent on personal preference.

For me personally, I feel that they are definitely worth it. I love the design, the size is perfect for me, I like the hefty weight of the case, they pretty much all look terrific, and I'm sure you've read this quite a few times elsewhere, but they're also nye on impossible to scratch.

As for which model would be "best", I feel you really can't lose with any of them. Do you want a blue dial, black dial, carbon fiber dial, or a gray dial? Do you want a manual wind or automatic movement? GMT function? All I've got to say is if you're looking to purchase one new, you'd better hurry as they're all either sold out or very nearly sold out (except for the one currently in the pre-order phase).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of the models left I think the M23 looks the best, not a big fan of 6 o'clock second hand or carbon fiber plus the orange is cool. Might just have to work a few days of OT. :wink:

·
Registered
155 Posts
the M23 is fantastic...the tungsten is heavy and shiny and wears great.

plus on the lumtec website...there is only 1 LEFT until its gone forever.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I received my M23 last Wednesday and to hold it in your hand and see it in person, and feel the heft, supersedes any photos floating around on the internet. Dude, it is simply a visually stunning watch. It's kinda like standing next to Jay-Lo and having her touch your arm (long story) compared to just drooling over her on the widescreen. I'll never be the same.

In fact, the very first person I encountered, when wearing the M23 for the first time, remarked about my watch ... of course, it didn't hurt that I was waving my left arm in front of their face, as if I were swatting knats. I'm surprised I didn't chip a tooth. Nevertheless, they were mesmerized by the mirror finish, and orange numbers contrasting against the vivid blue sunburst dial.

Act now or wallow in mental anguish and self torture for the rest of your natural life.

OkeefenokeeJoe

·
Registered
482 Posts
There is a vintage M52 Tungsten on pre-order. Don't miss this opportunity for the last tungsten series. :laugh:

·
Registered
278 Posts
The thing with the M Tungsten is that out of the small range of tungsten watches available, it's actually attractive. Look at the alternatives:

* Movado Fierro
* Croton
* Rado with a huge ass bezel and scratchable SS bracelet
* Android

·
Registered
336 Posts
You forget one:

The new; Oris Diver.

It has a combination of Titanium (grade 2, i think), and Tungsten.
Very nice watch, and not as big as it's siblings.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have 3 right now, I love that you you can't scratch them, and I have tried, on the back of coarse.
I also like the weight. Those ETA movements in them have a very solid feel when you are winding them up.
Lum-Tec tungsten began my addiction, join us :001_smile:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I have two of them and I wish the first Lum-Tec I ever bought was a Tungsten. I may not have bought any other style! These are amazing watches! I don't think you can go wrong with any of the ones that are left!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Teetering between 23 and 52 now. Not usually a fan of blue but that orange really makes that watch pop. Guessing the ETA would be a better movement.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well picked up two days of OT and got a M23, you guys were very convincing. Pick will come up as soon as the watch does.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Someone give .45 a medal!!

My good friend, your eyeballs are literally going to blow out of their eyeball sockets when you see the M23 for the first time.

I promise you will walk around looking like Marty Feldman.

Oh ... and get ready to answer TONS of questions from admirers.

Congrats!!!!

OkeefenokeeJoe

1 - 17 of 17 Posts