WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - came across this watch when clearing out my Dad's belongings. Its a Tudor Prince Oysterdate 31, has a small rose above Tudor, and states Rotor Self-Winding. The winder has the crown on it and the back is just stamped 7911 above 171725. The face plate is a cream colour with very small square ridged pattern. Hour and minute hands appear to be gold, second hand is black. The hour markings are all gold with the 12, 6 and 9 shadowed. Looks quite old and I assume, given the small rose, that its pre-1960's. Can anyone let me know any more and give an indication of collectability and value
Many thanks, and sorry the picture isn't great.

DSCF0707.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks Arthur and I definitely intend to - he also left a very early Jaeger LeCoultre (apparently the first one they made with an alarm).
Can you recommend somewhere where I can find out more about this Tudor model ?
Thanks again

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Many thanks Arthur and I definitely intend to - he also left a very early Jaeger LeCoultre (apparently the first one they made with an alarm).
Can you recommend somewhere where I can find out more about this Tudor model ?
Thanks again
Unfortunately early Tudor models before the 1960's have not been very popular with collectors. So information is spotty and unreliable. The Rolex brand took a great deal of the spotlight away from the Tudor brand.

Arthur

1 - 4 of 4 Posts