WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - came across this watch when clearing out my Dad's belongings. Its a Tudor Prince Oysterdate 31, has a small rose above Tudor, and states Rotor Self-Winding. The winder has the crown on it and the back is just stamped 7911 above 171725. The face plate is a cream colour with very small square ridged pattern. Hour and minute hands appear to be gold, second hand is black. The hour markings are all gold with the 12, 6 and 9 shadowed. Looks quite old and I assume, given the small rose, that its pre-1960's. Can anyone let me know any more and give an indication of collectability and value
Many thanks, and sorry the picture isn't great.

Watch Analog watch Clock Everyday carry Material property

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks Arthur and I definitely intend to - he also left a very early Jaeger LeCoultre (apparently the first one they made with an alarm).
Can you recommend somewhere where I can find out more about this Tudor model ?
Thanks again

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Many thanks Arthur and I definitely intend to - he also left a very early Jaeger LeCoultre (apparently the first one they made with an alarm).
Can you recommend somewhere where I can find out more about this Tudor model ?
Thanks again
Unfortunately early Tudor models before the 1960's have not been very popular with collectors. So information is spotty and unreliable. The Rolex brand took a great deal of the spotlight away from the Tudor brand.

Arthur

1 - 4 of 4 Posts