WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last couple of days that I have worn my tudor oyster date it was quite running overnight. Even after a full days wear, it will barely last 12hrs off the wrist. I have never had this issue before until recently. The watch was serviced about a year ago. I'm just curious if anyone has any ideas what maybe cause the watch not to wind up fully?

joe

·
Banned
28,345 Posts
I'm just curious if anyone has any ideas what maybe cause the watch not to wind up fully?
Tired mainspring, stuck reverser, speculation could run rampant. Without a watchmaker's diagnosis it could be a lot of things. Is it still under warranty from the service? I know Jesse gives a 2 year warranty on his work.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I doubt it is still under warranty. it has been over a year. I wasnt too horribly impressed with the watchmaker i used. The watch had manually winding issues before it was serviced and still had them after i picked it up. He did replace the rotor bearing. it took over a year to get it. Not sure why, the watch just has a 2824 in it and is from the early 80s. Im planning on getting another watchmaker look it over to see what it all needs.

joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts