WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend suggested that I register here so that I could hopefully get some expert advice. I am thinking about buying a blue Monte Carlo 7169 and I am hoping that I could get some help about whether this watch looks 100% genuine. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. The seller seems sincere and honest and has spent a good deal of time communicating with me. I just want to hopefully get some outside perspective. And for anyone that may already own a Monte Carlo, how do you like them? Are they comfortable to wear, do you wear them everyday or just on special occasions? That probably sounds like a naive question, and it probably is, but I'm just curious on the durability of the watch having never owned one before. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Nice MC...

From the scans the watch is authentic. Very clean watch from caliber to dial. :thumbup1:

In my opinion one must treat any vintage manual wound chronograph with care. Remember the age of these vintage watches and the added stress the components have with this age.

I do not suggest one should wear a MC as a daily wearer. Parts are not easy to come by and the manual watch in general has the added stress of crown, tube, stem and mainspring everyday usage to deal with. They are a fun watch to have in a watch rotation.

I own a few myself and love them..Arthur

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.