WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this watch handed down to me a few years back and i just recently gave it to my girlfriend. I took it in to a watch store and they told me they've never seen a Invicta like this one before. I am trying to find out how much it is worth but i have been unsuccessful so far. All the writing on the watch is in french. I have searched all over the internet and still cant find anything. I hope someone on this site might be able too help me. Thank you!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
Now this is something you dont see every day.

I'm not a Horologist by any means but that looks like it could be a very early model of the Sub Aqua class of watches. You could have a very rare piece in your possession. I'm sorry I cant help you more. I hope someone here can weigh in on this.That is a very unusual timepiece to say the least.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I've never seen your watch before but its very cool and I have to agree with Doc that it appears to be an early Sub Aqua. I tried to figure out the numbers on the case back but couldn't. Could you include them in an additional post. A google search may produce some results. I've never seen one with a different language on the case back. Its a mystery. Maybe another member will have some insight.

·
Registered
306 Posts
After some further investigation I found a first gen Subaqua Noma. Im quite certain that is what you have. The only thing that doesn't jibe is the caseback. Yours is solid and the ones Ive seen so far aren't quartz chronographs but the more expensive automatic models.They have exhibition case-backs that lets you look right into the watch case. It is possible they made some of them in the quartz chronograph. One thing is certain the dial of your watch and the 1st generation Subaqua is almost the same configuration. Here is a pic of a Auto SAN. As you can see they are very close, the only diff is in the increment config of the dial. Your watch could be valuable to the right collector no doubt. You would have to shop it around for offers if you are looking to sell it.You sure dont come across these everyday, chrono or auto they are very rare.* UPDATE I went to another source to see if I can find anything out about your watch. It shouldnt take long. I will post findings as soon as they become available

[URL="
[/URL]​

·
Registered
52 Posts
Your Invicta

Believe it or not there used to be another Invicta watch company, that watch is a quartz model .. I had one of these years ago and have seen postings from Jim S about its history.. I beleive Eyal and that Invicta company had to work things out concerning the name Invicta many years ago.. Id hold onto that piece If I were you !!
Mark

·
Registered
306 Posts
Still no luck with a ID. The number on the back of that watch is when Invicta was founded. And so far that's all I seem to be able to find out. I asked if it was a Subaqua, and was told that was doubtful as well. Im still waiting to see if anything else comes up. I'll post what I find.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Just because this watch is rare doesn't mean its valuable. It is a really cool looking quartz chrono with some similarities to an early SAN II but listing it would probably get less than $100. Good luck on your quest. Regardless of its value its an interesting piece.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts