WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having some issues with my new Hamilton. Any suggestions as to how I can fix this?

The watch is a Men's Khaki Field Quartz:

#H684410 on the case
Swiss Quartz Movement
Black face w/ Date Window
38 mm SS case
WR 100m
Sapphire Crystal
MSRP~$325 USD

The second hand on this one is slightly off during its rotation, usually in the 6-12 (or 30-60 second range). From about 12-6 (or 1-30 seconds) its spot on. When off it's mark, the hand itself will tick forward and either stop short of its mark or hit the mark and then proceed to drift backwards slightly. I've also noticed on one occasion the second hand stopping at 12, then skipping forward 3-4 seconds while the date window was changing. Could this be an issue with the movement? Maybe an indicator of a weak battery? The watch was running when I received it, so no telling how long it ran before it was shipped out to me. I will say though that the watch keeps very accurate time. It has been in my possession for about a month now with virtually no noticeable gain or loss in time.

I've read online that you can't be too picky about accuracy when it comes to "cheaper" watches. With the MSRP of this watch and the fact that it's a Hamilton I would think it should be spot on, right?

Also, can anyone speak to the durability/reliability of these watches? I know they're field watches, but are they really military grade or more of a fashion item?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Have you tried to replace the battery? This is a symptom I find when the battery on quartz watches is wearing down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts