WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in July when we dedicated a week on the WOTD pour hombres' to the Speedy Pro I invariably recounted the story of Mission 13 recalling that Jack Swigert called out to Mission Control Center " Houston we have a problem ".

Tricky then known as Rick Atkins replied that he thought it was Jack Lovell who uttered those famous words.

So who said it?

Well actually, both of them did.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/188425.html

Now of course, others say it here :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:..... sometimes ;)

Y'all be well now pals

ZIN

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
May I correct you on one thing Mr. Houston?

Mr. Lovell's first name is Jim not Jack:001_tongue::001_tongue:

Regards & be well
Bob:D

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would you believe I typed Jim and it came out Jack? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Howdy Pal

Hope you're keeping well.

Enjoy your day now

ZIN

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Would you believe I typed Jim and it came out Jack? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Howdy Pal

Hope you're keeping well.

Enjoy your day now

ZIN
Keeping very well although a little tired. Just got off work(11-7):sleep::sleep:

Have a gr8 one
Bob:D

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Hi Zin,

Great detective work buddy.:thumbup1:

This amazes me because there are so many parts within the Apollo 13 film where you think "They've simply done that for dramatical effect" yet when I watched the commentary with Jim Lovell on the Apollo 13 DVD they are all real. Phrases, set pieces, etc. The lot. However, here we have the 2nd most famous astronomical saying of all time not referenced in the film correctly. Go figure.:confused1:

BTW, if any of you have the Apollo 13 special edition DVD I highly recommend you listen to the commentary with Jim and his wife. Absolutely fascinating.

Thanks again Zin. This is great info.

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're welcome Tricky

but darn...... I bought the economy single disc version. It was on offer at 8 bucks.

Be well now pal

ZIN

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Zin buddy,

My advice would be to get the special edition if you can. You won't be dissapointed. May be you could find some where that will trade in your single disc version.
Then, of course, there's always companies willing to rent discs out.

Another great disc to have, IMHO, is "The Dish". This is a great film about the TV pictures that were taken of the Apollo 11 moon landing. One of the funniest films I've ever seen. Also, it has a lot of NASA archive footage snippets in the film. These are shown in full on the extras with or without commentaries. Absolutely brilliant stuff.

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tell you what Tricky.

Why don't you have my economy single disc version and seeing that we're pals, you can have it at eight bucks plus shipping. So really it will cost you no more than it cost me since of course, I had to drive to the store to pick it up. :001_rolleyes:

Now you're going to ask me why you might need two.

Well, safety in numbers and you can also lend it out if you wish, just as a learning aid for anyone who has a burning desire to know what happened on Mission 13.

That sound good to you?

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Be seein' ya

ZIN

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well Tricky

I just thought you may have had a burning desire to spread the word :thumbup1::lol:

Be well now

ZIN

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
You know me by now Zin: I don't mind spreading the word about at all.

I just don't want to spread my DVD collection about, that's all.:biggrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts