WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I of course came across some trias watches, after doing a flight watch search on a major search engine, I read some reviews, but wanted to see what you guys as members think.

Does anyone own one? and or have any problems with them?

How's their customer service? and how are their automatic movements?

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
Looking around, they appear to be German. Not sure who makes the movement. All the watches I saw were between $1xx - $3xx. It appears they are hand wound automatic or quartz watches. Crystal appears to be some type of mineral; but, I am not sure if it is in fact sapphire crystal. Are they any good? That is what I can not find. Does not seem to much opinion out there. You may want to try and do a google, yahoo, or some search engine to get opinions.

·
Banned
4,528 Posts
Germasian brand, some having better movements than others. I received one as a gift years ago that has worked well, and I have also heard stories like above.

Mixed bag I suppose.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well thank you for all the opinions, I appreciate it, it's nice to know that you guys can tell me from experinces if a watch or brand is good or junk.

I just had never really heard of them, I liked a few of the designs.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks for the posting, andromeda. I saw different Trias models and while I did become familiar with the term "Germasian" I'm backing away from the brand after reading a few of these postings...shame though...thanks again.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the posting, andromeda. I saw different Trias models and while I did become familiar with the term "Germasian" I'm backing away from the brand after reading a few of these postings...shame though...thanks again.
I believe I'm with you, I will spend my money on something else I believe. I have become attached to the Junkers line of watches, once again I'm not overally familiar with their brand, as they maybe a simple germasian design as well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a Swiss made Trais automatic I picked up in a trade a few months back. Very nice tonneau case with an ETA 2824. I believe it is a few years older though. Maybe one of their first attempts when getting into the market? :confused1:

·
Registered
403 Posts
I believe I'm with you, I will spend my money on something else I believe. I have become attached to the Junkers line of watches, once again I'm not overally familiar with their brand, as they maybe a simple germasian design as well.
Junkers are a fine purchase. You can pick them up at plenty of jewelery stores in Germany, so I don't see them being Germasian.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Junkers are a fine purchase. You can pick them up at plenty of jewelery stores in Germany, so I don't see them being Germasian.
Thank you, they make a model I would like to maybe add to my collection, but it's not super hot on my radar right now.

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
15,560 Posts
@Jaykcks- Well, yes, it's possible.
For more info than that, please have the consideration of adding a photo so we can have at least SOME idea of which model you're referring to.

@ Hawk- It seems that the appeal is their "value pricing" (prices start at a mere $80 and go all the way up to an astronomical price of $400) and their blatant copying of the designs of higher quality pieces. I especially liked Watchbreath's comment:
"...I'd rather encase them in Lucite and use them for paperweights."

1 - 20 of 22 Posts