WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELSON%u00252BSkindiver%2B03.jpg

I really love the Helson Skindiver for a whole host of reasons, but was wondering if it was my only option for a reliable, mostly period-correct workhorse diver in the vein of a Fifty Fathoms? I've seen a few designs from Prometheus (the Manta Ray) and MKII (like the Paradive and the Sea Fighter) but wasn't hugely blown away. Any suggestions? Maybe a NOS Seiko redux? Or should I have been more blown away by the aforementioned? Or is the Skindiver unique in that it's one of very few?

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
No, not sure on which ones
Do you know if they even make a FF homage? If not, then why throw out that recommendation? Why not toss out Movado too? :blink: Really, it isn't necessary to comment on every single thread - especially if you have no clue.

..... and I'm not the only one who thinks this, just the only one who will say it.

Chill dude. Please. We appreciate your enthusiasm but stop adding non-productive information in threads asking for help when you have none to offer.

Okay, let's get back on track with a serious answer now that the random uninformed comments are done. There is a homage called the Fifty Five Fathoms:

This one is owned by forum member Noisy Nova. He might drop by and weigh in on it. It is a modded Seiko by the way: The Seiko Fifty Fathoms | Watch-Nerd

Ask the Google for "fifty fathoms homage" and you'll see lots of images. Click on one, delete the central image that pops up and you'll be taken to the thread / article in which that picture appears. The MKII looks like one of your best options.

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
ulackfocus said:
Do you know if they even make a FF homage? If not, then why throw out that recommendation? Why not toss out Movado too? :blink: Really, it isn't necessary to comment on every single thread - especially if you have no clue.

..... and I'm not the only one who thinks this, just the only one who will say it.

Chill dude. Please. We appreciate your enthusiasm but stop adding non-productive information in threads asking for help when you have none to offer.

Okay, let's get back on track with a serious answer now that the random uninformed comments are done. There is a homage called the Fifty Five Fathoms:

This one is owned by forum member Noisy Nova. He might drop by and weigh in on it. It is a modded Seiko by the way: The Seiko Fifty Fathoms | Watch-Nerd

Ask the Google for "fifty fathoms homage" and you'll see lots of images. Click on one, delete the central image that pops up and you'll be taken to the thread / article in which that picture appears. The MKII looks like one of your best options.
Any of these? Is it really that hard to find a seiko or citizen dive watch that looks like that?

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why an homage/knockoff and not the real thing?
At risk of re-igniting arguments over the semantics of wanting an homage and not a knockoff, let's just say I'm not much for spending 10K+ on a watch that I'd actually dive with.

Very good information - thanks! Looking into this, and maybe back to MKII.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Dennis Rudy makes a really nice sterile homage in the $400 range. Then you've got the MKII which is awesome as well. I have a Seiko FFF. There were a couple of different color variations and dial/hand options for the Seiko FFF. It's not as close an homage as the MKII.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts