WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The waiiiiiting is the hardest paart.

I ordered an M24 last night. It will be a long week! I have drooled over this watch for awhile and it took some time for me to save my pennies.

This makes my fourth L-T. I guess I will be ordering a V next, since I have an A2, B3, 500M and now an M24 on the way. I don't see a cure for this disease. Problem is, each one gets slightly more expensive than the previous.

Chris

·
Registered
155 Posts
I know what you mean...I keep going back to the lum tec site.

I checked out glycine watches which have a similar look but bigger price.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
The waiiiiiting is the hardest paart.

I ordered an M24 last night. It will be a long week! I have drooled over this watch for awhile and it took some time for me to save my pennies.

This makes my fourth L-T. I guess I will be ordering a V next, since I have an A2, B3, 500M and now an M24 on the way. I don't see a cure for this disease. Problem is, each one gets slightly more expensive than the previous.

Chris
A long week!? Try pre-ordering a M54 & a V6 and waiting until October. Waiting drives me nuts. I have no capacity for deferred gratification.

And you're right, there may be no cure, but in my case there is this redheaded tiny person running around constantly nipping at me about it. She keeps me to my watch budget -- almost. The "almost" failures cause sever repercussions, thus are few.

You're gonna like the M24 -- a lot.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Laz... I know what you mean, I have a blonde headed tiny person keeping me on track. In fact each of my L-Ts purchases are separated by about a year.

I can't imagine a pre-order purchase! I'm way too impulsive for that kind of planning.

It always takes me a few weeks to raise the funds after I have my eye and heart set on one though, so I make sure it is not too impulsive.

Chris

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Laz... I know what you mean, I have a blonde headed tiny person keeping me on track. In fact each of my L-Ts purchases are separated by about a year.

I can't imagine a pre-order purchase! I'm way too impulsive for that kind of planning.

It always takes me a few weeks to raise the funds after I have my eye and heart set on one though, so I make sure it is not too impulsive.

Chris

Pre-ordering is a trade off for sure. I trade into the hell of waiting for a 15% discount, and I pay the full price up front with BillMeLater thru PayPal. They give me six months without interest to pay it off. It enforces a bit of discipline. I can get it done in six months without too much pain. I quite likely wouldn't pay six or eight months upfront with another company, but I believe Lüm-Tec to be above reproach with regard to integrity.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts