WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all ... newbie here!

I'm been hunting around for my first Omega timepeice and i've decided to go for SMP 2222.80.00

I've spent an unhealthly amount of time googling Seamasters, and was very thankful to have found this forum... all you fellas seem to be a great bunch and very knowledgeable indeed!

My questions are based around buying and discounting-- living in London, the Omega boutiques in Old Bond St and the city (as well as London's many ADs) are the places I'm most likely buy from. Has anyone here bought from the Boutiques and have you had much luck with getting a discount? or should I go for a London AD in particular?

Great customer service with knowledgeable sales folk are also a must - as the last salesgirl I spoke to in E.Jones said the helium valve was used to adjust the date!!!!!! >,< ok ...I'm a newbie - but still!!!

Thanks in Advance!:thumbup:

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Must be a Very Special Limited Edition of one, Friend - I'm amazed you left it !!!
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Ummmmmnnnn..... was she nice? Some things are forgivable y'know ;)

A very warm welcome to WTF and OMEGALand. Good to see you here.

Perhaps you may find another special ed'n at another E Jones :laugh::laugh:

The Boutiques are great places at which to buy or talk about the entire Omega range. I know the very nice folk at Bond St. Simon, Faye, Jonathan, Ash or Alistair will look after you well. Discounts are not as major as freebies I would have thought but there's no harm in asking since no one pays MSRP these days.

So ummmmmnnnn.........are you looking for another 2220.80 now that you've passed up that special edition? :lol::lol::lol:

Do come and talk to us on a daily basis, won't you. Wed like that :thumbup1:

Be well now

ZIN

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi, when my wife recently visited the boutique on Old Bond Street, she enquired about discounts and was informed that although they do not offer discounts on the watch purchase itself they would offer a free service of the watch (carried out at the store itself) which they would normally charge £250 for.

She was dealing with a helpful chap called Alex.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys ...

A good heads up - think I'll pop in try my luck, and at the very least be educated up a bit better!

Though a possible free service would be nice, but that saving won't come until 7-10yrs down the line being a co-axial (I'll be a deskdiver!) .. Think I would be swayed with a discount.

Would still like to hear other folks' shopping experiences in London too....
cheers!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yeah, same for me. I'd rather have the discount now and pay for the service when its due

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
:lol::lol::lol:

Nothing like cash up front

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cheerio 4 now pals - have a good day now :001_smile:

ZIN

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Hi My Eyes and a very warm welcome to WTF.

I've never dealt with the Omega Boutique for a sale but I was treated very well by very knowledgable sales staff when I did go in there a little while back. However, I would always expect discount on any model of Omega from an AD. At least 15% I would say.

I do know of a very good AD that is only 40 miles south of the Omega Boutique and who I know will give you exceptational service. I have been dealing with them for about six years and 12 watches.

I have sent you a PM with their details. Your PMs can be read by clicking on Private Messages at the top right of the screen.

I hope this helps. Please keep us informed of your search.

M

·
0 Posts
I would definitely call by the boutique. Even if I don't buy from them, at least you are assured of a higher level of knowledge on the part of the staff and there is no pressure to buy either. It's a very friendly place :thumbup1:

Some ADs make you feel uneasy after a while

MWW

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
I absolutely concur there.

Some ADs don't even know what they are talking about, going by some of members' reported experiences. :001_rolleyes:

The Omega Boutique @ Bond Street is a great place. The welcome mat is always laid out and you know you're getting first rate service and reliable information PLUS they don't abuse your watch too!!! For those who are not aware, an AD twice placed my beloved Speedy Pro on its bracelet, after I had placed it side up. I politely turned it back on its' side whereupon said AD picked it up again, to examine the display back and movement and promptly replaced it dial up again. I then, again politely, advised him that the clasp would / could scratch the case back. He replied - but sapphire doesn't scratch. I responded " yes but the caseback surround could..... ". I got the notion he wasn't too pleased about being told that. Silly man from that silly place where over a year ago, I was given to understand that the Bond SMP was meant for kids.

Hey - we'd make better OMEGA ADs ourselves :thumbup1:

Y'all have a nice day now pals :001_smile:

ZIN

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I also agree Zin,

I have had some frustrating and humourous conversations with sales staff in ADs, about all kinds of watches and watch marques, not just Omega.

If you are lucky enough to find an AD that is knowledgable, friendly, courteous, always willing to help and gice you their time and give you a decent discount stick with them. They are few and far between.

I am lucky enough to have found such an AD with great staff and a great manager. As is commonly known on this forum I am willing to travel 200 miles to deal with this AD after having moved from the area recently.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
...those who are not aware, an AD twice placed my beloved Speedy Pro on its bracelet, after I had placed it side up. I politely turned it back on its' side whereupon said AD picked it up again, to examine the display back and movement and promptly replaced it dial up again. I then, again politely, advised him that the clasp would / could scratch the case back. He replied - but sapphire doesn't scratch. I responded " yes but the caseback surround could..... ".QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip there! .... as a newbie thats valuable info for me! Is there a thread somewhere on the forum for general tips for all the other rookies like me out there??

I'll be paying the boutique a visit this week or next, from what everybody says... sounds like a pilgrimage that just has to be done! :thumbup1:

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Well Mr Funky

What a splendid idea. There's a sprinkling of them all over the forum and in the resource section as well but it would be good to collate them into one resource thread.

Think we might work on that over the coming weeks - a sort of How To's, Do's and Don'ts :thumbup1:

Have a nice day now :001_smile:

ZIN

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey all - thought I'd update this thread...

Had a good week in the office.... so swung by the Omega boutique in Old Bond Street, to check out the Seamaster again :001_tongue:

Staff there were great, as expected, very knowledgeable about their products and happy to answer the most simplest of questions before even a hint of a sale! :thumbup1: even showed me the co-axial escapement parts in a petri dish type thing ... ohh boy are they tiny!!!

I've been debating over and over to go for midsize or the full ... and after trying the same watch on side by side, I definitely loved the full size on my weeny wrists!, (as most peeps did on a separate thread!)

Discount wise, wasn't happening! Sales chap openly said they don't offer discounts, but would either give the first service for free, as well as a guarantee of 3 years (correct me if I’m wrong but is standard 2 years?!?!) or an option to go for a strap, without the clasp.

Well like I said - I had a good week at the office, and decided to buy there and then! Wooohooo! now I'm a proud owner of my first Omega .....SMP 2220.80.00

Appreciate all the AD recommendations via PM ... which may still come in handy as I'm pretty sure this won't be my last Omega :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

All in all thoroughly recommend the Boutique to talk over/decide/purchase ... My experience was great, and observing staff attending to other customers was also dealt in a friendly and professional manner.
:thumbup1:

·
Banned
18,140 Posts

Hey Mr Funky

MANY CONGRATULATIONS

Which option did you go for my man?

The Co-Ax comes with a three-year warranty

while a non-Co-Ax is warranted for 2 years.

We can't wait to see your watch pal :blink:

Enjoy it and be well :001_smile:

ZIN

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey all ... newbie here!

I'm been hunting around for my first Omega timepeice and i've decided to go for SMP 2222.80.00

I've spent an unhealthly amount of time googling Seamasters, and was very thankful to have found this forum... all you fellas seem to be a great bunch and very knowledgeable indeed!

My questions are based around buying and discounting-- living in London, the Omega boutiques in Old Bond St and the city (as well as London's many ADs) are the places I'm most likely buy from. Has anyone here bought from the Boutiques and have you had much luck with getting a discount? or should I go for a London AD in particular?

Great customer service with knowledgeable sales folk are also a must - as the last salesgirl I spoke to in E.Jones said the helium valve was used to adjust the date!!!!!! >,< ok ...I'm a newbie - but still!!!

Thanks in Advance!:thumbup:
HELLO FIRST POST FOR ME,IF YOU EVER IN THE N EAST OF UK TRY GOLDSMITHS IN THE METRO CENTRE THEY KNOCKED £495 OFF £2,975 FOR MY PO 2210.50.00 HOPE THIS HELPS

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Hello Mick

A very warm welcome to WTF and OMEGALand. Glad you found us :thumbup1: and great that you found joy in the PO. 16+% off is not bad by UK standards considering it's an AD and presumably a first-time purchase from them. If you build up a relationship with them you should hopefully be able to do better next time.

Hope you'll pop in often and join in the fun we have here.

Enjoy your weekend :001_smile:

ZIN

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello Mick

A very warm welcome to WTF and OMEGALand. Glad you found us :thumbup1: and great that you found joy in the PO. 16+% off is not bad by UK standards considering it's an AD and presumably a first-time purchase from them. If you build up a relationship with them you should hopefully be able to do better next time.

Hope you'll pop in often and join in the fun we have here.

Enjoy your weekend :001_smile:

ZIN
hi houston thanks for the welcome,sorry if i sound thick mate but what does AD stand for,yep first purchase there but not first omega just passed trusty non co-axial automatic seamaster 300m diver to the son found it a lot more accurate than po,havan said that its had about 3 years to settle in,po is running about + 6 a day hope it settles had it about 4 weeks now.thanks again houston.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
:):) CONGRATS Mr ForEyes:thumbup:

I hope we get to see a lot more picture taking,

that watch looks great, that red on the dial is a nice touch:thumbup1:

this also makes you a member of the owners club,

thanks for the pics, enjoy that watch:thumbup:

diver88:):)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts