WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How good is the Titanium Carbide dark charcoal PVD hard coating on the Combat series watch? Has anyone been disappointed with the performance of the coating? I am visiting the Lum-Tec store on Tuesday to check out their watches. I sure would like some feedback if you have the time. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
How good is the Titanium Carbide dark charcoal PVD hard coating on the Combat series watch? Has anyone been disappointed with the performance of the coating? I am visiting the Lum-Tec store on Tuesday to check out their watches. I sure would like some feedback if you have the time. Thanks.

Wish I could help you, but I baby my SCB1 so I can't tell you how it holds up. I can say the black PVD on my other Lüm-Tecs is as good as I've seen anywhere and I have a load of PVD watches. I given my M47 over to beater status and it hasn't got scratch on it. It has a couple of dings, but the PVD is still hanging in there.

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
I don't have a combat, but the coating on my M42 is the same and it is very durable!

·
Registered
350 Posts
I don't have any worries about my B2. I wear it every day and don't limit my behavior in the least bit and it still looks the same as when I got it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I am looking forward to my visit to Lum-Tec tomorrow. I really want a PVD Quartz Combat but it doesn't look like they have any left. Bummer. :sad:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. I am looking forward to my visit to Lum-Tec tomorrow. I really want a PVD Quartz Combat but it doesn't look like they have any left. Bummer. :sad:

There are B4's & 5's, but they are 24 hr. movements. I have B10 - same 24 hr. movement. I do love it. It's dead on accurate.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the super combat with the gunmetal coating and my watch kissed a glass counter-top. It left a mark on the watch like a rub mark. Nothing major but it definitely is there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts