WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone. Some of you might recall that I acquired my first automatic watch last summer (old forum stuff ;)), a nice orange face Seiko SKXA55 "Bullet" diver.

Well, as some of you might know this watch bug thing is kinda addicting, and I've been eyeing possible "next to get"-watches practically everyday. As the diver I have is orange faced, it is a bit bright at some occasions. Fortunately, I don't have to dress up to work, but I'd still like to have a watch that would be a little more classic/stylish. I would also like it to be swiss and have a ETA movement.

My favorite in the (possible to try on in real life and) less than 400 $ range is (and has been for 4 months now) the Tissot PRS 516 non chrono on brown leather racing strap. Do you have any opinions on it? It is ETA 2836-2 equipped, and has a nice "sporty" vibe about it. Not sure about the strap yet (the holes), but I'll try it on before I make any judgments. In addition, I think Tissots designs are genuine and the brand and the model has a history of it's own which I appreciate.

Nice pics would also be appreciated! :thumbup1:

·
Banned
2,874 Posts
I think it's a sure bet. You can't go wrong with a Tissot, IMO. I have one that I picked up from the local AD in July. It's a quartz, but I don't care. It's a beauty, Eta G10 equipped, sapphire crystal, and the quality of the bracelet beats the pants off of any of my other watches. Here's a pic.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Jii,

Tissot have a lot of nice watches to offer. If you could, grab their autos as I hear many reports that Tissot will be offering only quartz watches eventually. Nothing wrong with their quartz, I have one too. Just that their auto's will be more collectible.

All the best and dont forget to post some shots here. :biggrin:

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
Tissot has a good reputation. In fact, I think you will see more posts here with members that have the watches and are quite happy with them.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I don't have a Tissot, but I've never heard a bad thing about them..

And NASCAR sponsorship can't hurt....

Pick the one you like and go for it...

:cool1:

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
tissot is superb, i own 2, they are excellent value.

i own one prs516, and i love it. the fit and finish is excellent.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Tissot's are great values and awesome. I own a Seastar 1000 Auto and I love it. It's a great watch and I'd highly recommend it.

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
The PRS 516 is a great watch and at a great proce too.
I like the strap but if you don't it's easily replaced.
Go for it!:thumbup1:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On tuesday I get to try one on, and if I like it I'll definitely get it as a christmas present for myself! And yes, it's the automatic version.

:thumbup1:

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
This is the one I've had my eye on; the Seastar 1000:

'Cause I spend a lot of time down at 1,000 feet...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry to disappoint you guys, but today wasn't new watch day after all. I tried the Tissot on, but since it didn't say click I walked away emptyhanded. It felt a bit small, that was the biggest "turn-off" for me.

I've been enjoying my Bullet on a leather strap since yesterday, seeing it in a whole new light now.

:cool1:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts