WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Timex Electronic watches. They will both run if you twist the watch fast in your hand but then will stop. Both have new batteries in them. Is there something I can do maybe oil the bearings or is there nothing I can do to get it running again. Thanks.

· Super Moderator
17,356 Posts
I'll second that.
It would be sheer lunacy for me to try my own hand at servicing my Hamilton electronic watches.
I leave that to the professionals!

Reactions: BunkerBoy

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The movement is an M40 in both. In one I bought a NOS replacement movement never used from Timex. Ran good for several months but now it does the runs when you twist it like one does to get a pocket watch balance wheel moving and runs for 3 to 5 seconds. I have taken down the M24 Marlins and cleaned in lighter fluid like Timex suggests and then in a sonic alcohol clean and I use Mobius oil to oil high friction areas such as the steel bearings and other parts. But other than changing out the movements. I have only messed with taking one completely apart. I will never do that again with anything that has hope of getting going. Its a rats nest of small parts that are very difficult to get in as they need to almost all go in at once.
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

1 - 4 of 4 Posts