WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was an amazing cake that friends of mine had created for their wedding rehersal dinner. They met while working at a watch store and are huge watch fans. The cake was pretty big and was created by Sweet Cheeks Baking out of San Diego. The cake designer was Charity George (who also competed in TLC's show "Ultimate Cake Off"). They do all sorts of custome cakes and can design just abput anything. This cake was as delicious as it was artistic.

Attachments

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Very cool, love it! :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

Maybe we should get one for the GTG's. :thumbup:

Thanks for the pictures, and congrats to your friend.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Awesome concept, but as a former pastry chef I have to say that's a B+ cake, not bad, but I'm not surprised that they didn't win the TLC Competition.

It's still wicked cool though! I might have to make a watch cake myself now...

Edit: I didn't notice the crystal before - what did they use for that?

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
Sax-o-mat, huh? Looks more like an Audemars Piguet than an A. Lange & Sohne to me since it's missing the Big Date at 12! :laugh:

Cool cake. Do they do brand requests too? :wink::lol:

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
This was an amazing cake that friends of mine had created for their wedding rehersal dinner. They met while working at a watch store and are huge watch fans. The cake was pretty big and was created by Sweet Cheeks Baking out of San Diego. The cake designer was Charity George (who also competed in TLC's show "Ultimate Cake Off"). They do all sorts of custome cakes and can design just abput anything. This cake was as delicious as it was artistic.
Your friend's name isn't Barney, is it?

He's getting married soon, and is a bit of a watch nut. He used to work at a local watch (as well as other jewelry) store.

Then again, I'm pretty sure Barney would've gone for an IWC...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts