WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some lume shots! OK, this is the best lume shot I've taken so far (it's not as good as what I've seen several others accomplish around these parts, but the bar isn't really high for me:D). I give the credit primarily to my new RD Chrono.

So, show me how much better your shots are than mine!

Here's my entry:

·
Banned
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@am:Someday I want you and auto to tell me how you guys get those great shots. I suppose it helps to have a digital camera in which you can manually control the f-stop. Great shots, guys!:thumbup1:

·
Banned
2,208 Posts
AO for me and my point and shot camera it is the 2 second delay and a small desk tripod. Of course you may take 10 shots to get one that looks good. Also remember to charge the lumes before the shot with a bright lamp or flashlight for about 20 seconds.

·
Registered
981 Posts
AO for me and my point and shot camera it is the 2 second delay and a small desk tripod. Of course you may take 10 shots to get one that looks good. Also remember to charge the lumes before the shot with a bright lamp or flashlight for about 20 seconds.
YUP!! I also use the timer. Charging the Lume while the timer counts down then killing the light before the camera fires gives the ultimate in lume.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Mine's not too clear . . too much noise . . I'm still experimenting :)

Try increasing your exposure compensation and if you have auto focus(pressing lightly on the shutter button) use it to get a sharper image. Also low light is actually better than no light so it's ok if there is a little light in the room. Also if you have a timer on your camera use it because if you have a bright light that you can charge the lume with an turn it off before the camera takes the shot you will get the max of lume before the picture takes.:thumbup1:

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
One of the suggestions that former WTF member Jim Skelton has made is that great watch photography takes great patience.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts