WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,649 Posts
It's a Franken, I believe, so $55 was about right. I can't tell if the crown is original or not, but the hands are wrong!
The 1952 Sectometer B (the last year for that name, and the ONLY year to use a round case, according to the catalogs) is supposed to have hands that bulge ever-so-slightly in the middle and gently taper to a point. The Swamp watch has hands that are thicker and do NOT bulge- they are perfectly straight down to a concave point.

The second hand is also wrong, as it is too "modern". It is not supposed to be an elongated triangle!

·
Registered
1 Posts
what are your thoughts on this hamilton? what is a reasonable price for this watch? thank you in advance
Sorry, I know that this is a late response, but to follow up on what Comet Hunter said: those watch hands look really out of place on that poor Hamilton. Luckily, there are places that sell vintage watch hands online if you're up for spending a little more to make it look right.

A lot of dealers and watch repair shops also stock individual hands, so it'd be worth trying with your local guy, too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the responses guys.

where should i look online for new hands? any idea what the original hands looked like?

·
Super Moderator
15,649 Posts
You can go here
http://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/hamilton-watch-forum/14772.htm
to our collection of Hamilton catalogs. Select the year 1952, and towards the end of the catalog, hunt for the Sectometer B. It's not the best illustration, but it will get you started.

As to where to find replacement hands, maybe you can shoot a PM to members omega564 or literustyfan and ask their advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts