WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also can one tell me if there are some Swiss watch parts in this range. As far as know there is a 3301 movement manufacturers are suppose to be in China?

·
Super Moderator
16,540 Posts
First things first: the term is T-O-U-R-B-I-L-L-O-N. It's French for ''whirlwind'' and refers to how it rotates in circles as it works. The tourbillon was invented at the end of the 18th century to counter the effects of gravity on a watch when it was held at different angles. As movement manufacturing became more and more refined, the tourbillon became obsolete.
Today, a watchmaker builds a tourbillon to basically just to ''show off'' his technical skills. Really good ones are hard to make correctly, and they certainly wouldn't be found on a supposed $3600 watch being offered at a ridiculous price reduction of over 83%!
And yes, I believe that Far East mass-production in trying to put one past you, hoping you'll take the bait. I would be very much surprised if Thomas Earnshaw watches are still working properly two years down the road.!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks for your view on that. I did happen to purchase one, did some research on A. L. Breguet the original inventor etc.

I believe that it take six months to assemble a Tourbillion, and is handled by a myriad ( about 100 watchmakers ..did I hear it right ? ) Of watchmakers. As far as I'm concerned the price you mentioned is worth it. I guess time will tell if it lasts. Right now it's another one and the second one that has stopped overnight ?? too after not wearing at night...it's early days for a verdict. It's a manual wind...it shouldn't.....only just received it same day.

But
I must say I think this model The Thomas Earnshaw Wheywheel version is really ABSOLUTELY beautiful thing. I just hope its a good buy!!!. I wonder if this 3301 movement is made in Switzerland or mass produced in the F East. It's never clear in lot of net press.

I've got to say holding this model in one's hand, is a thing of beauty, in comparison to photos or videos the detail on this watch face is second to none. I would have like it, to have luminous touches on the hands, but I guess it detract from its beauty, by painting this on. The colours are just sensational and perfect....for my taste. Personally I think the new bulky faces and tachometer and Hugh dials with high numbers etc etc are kinda vulgar. It's just me, forgive me if that's you're thing. Each one to their own. Then comes the mechanics, I guess I'm not in the range of affording six figure sum watches, one dayay be ....or just drool over some good models. Not all are classy.

I wonder why the far East takes a hammering, I did see one video on YouTube mitigate that in a mass production, causes quality control. Perhaps that's why Swiss and German quality control and production is favoured with a bigger ratio and volumes of cash per unit in comparison.
Does any one out there own a Thomas Earnshaw Turbollion ...recently bought on one of the shopping channels in the UK? It'd be interesting to know what tales can be told.

·
Super Moderator
16,540 Posts
It's now apparent that the OP is in love with these watches, and nothing is going to allowhim to see things differently. I tried, but I'm through wasting my breath on a lost cause.
I'm out of here! I'll see y'all in a different thread.

·
Super Moderator
5,329 Posts
World Black Font Astronomical object Science

The movement appears to be made by PTS Resources of China. I note that some TE watches also appear to have Swiss Made on dials and are said to have swiss movements. On one reputable sales site I explored every TE watch was offered at a minumum of 80% off. I think the important thing here is that you enjoy your watch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
View attachment 230740
The movement appears to be made by PTS Resources of China. I note that some TE watches also appear to have Swiss Made on dials and are said to have swiss movements. On one reputable sales site I explored every TE watch was offered at a minumum of 80% off. I think the important thing here is that you enjoy your watch.
Thanks it's helpful
I'm new on this site ...also typ of discussion.
I can't see your name to thank you or ID. Useful info appreciate

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
View attachment 230740
Thank you for the response and you know I will, although I got it a ⅔% off 33 as oppose 20% you mentioned. I wish ...which sites am in the UK

One thing it doesn't mentioned the 3310 movement ....which is relevant to the TE Wheywheel watch. This a hand winding one. On occasions it has stopped on the night. Can't understand. Today I wound it till full. Don't like doning full tight winds. Which is the one in graphics related to the TE Wheywheel. As far as 80% off I think it was 33% off on the shopping ch. I'm trying to get a gift watch box off them. Let you know. Their customer serv is totall slack. No replys in 95% of emails. Bit some of us are dependent on their wares.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does anyone know the weight of Cadola watches and the medium end market if these Swiss hold their value.

Do these watches come as a good investment?
I'm thinking of purchasing one of these as an investment and also cause I'm a watch person too, and finally...

Does a limited edition hold any quodos in the buying, selling and owning such watches, particular Swiss ones 7750 movements in question ? I'd appreciate it especially if you're a connisour in this department as am fairly new to buying or even selling !!

·
Administrator
6,963 Posts
I know very little about these Cadola watches other than what I've recently read. I'm seeing retail pricing around $300 - $500 but I'm also seeing used pricing on eBay at lower values which means i wouldn't consider this watch as an 'investment'. Cadola does not seem to advertise the weight of their watches but i did watch one video that the reviewer commented the watch was 'thick and hefty'. If Invicta and their 'limited edition' watches are anything to go by then 'limited edition' only means Cadola will have a higher MSRP but that higher MSRP will not alter their resale value much. Just my humble opinion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for reply. I'vee been sorting out what I've got coming as yet this codala officers P67 Traser was impressed by the luminous speil on TV. Re the glow is for 23 years ( if one lives to that mark from now ) The others that caught my interest is the cadola 7750 limited edition. Didn't get the colour I wanted.

Let's see when it arrives, I can always send it back. I'm told the Swiss movement in this one is a rarity. And I believe " Swatch " own it now and limited distribution to others making it like rocking horse do da.

The army officer p67 Traser could be for everyday use. The other " to behold..." Early days..
Haven't got my mits on any of them ...awaiting as yet... if possible I'll post a laymans review. By means I'm an expert. But have intuition and common sense, perhaps intelligence when in a clear space. -:)

·
Administrator
6,963 Posts
I rarely pay attention to the "speil on TV" after watching some of those Eyal Lalo commercials about how wonderful Invicta was. The BS got so deep I had to start wearing shorts year round for fear of getting my jeans covered in it......

Good luck and let us know what happens.

·
Super Moderator
16,540 Posts
....the "speil on TV" after watching some of those Eyal Lalo commercials about how wonderful Invicta was. The BS got so deep....
The words "unctuous" and "oily" immediately come to mind.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks for reply. I've been sorting out what I've got coming as yet this Army officers P67 Traser was impressed by the luminous speil on TV. Re the glow is for 23 years ( if one lives to that mark from now ) The others that caught my interest is the cadola 7750 limited edition. Didn't get the colour I wanted.

Let's see when it arrives, I can always send it back. I'm told the Swiss movement in this one is a rarity. And I believe " Swatch " own it now and limited distribution to others making it like rocking horse do da.

The army officer p67 Traser could be for everyday use. The other " to behold..." Early days..
Haven't got my mits on any of them ...awaiting as yet... if possible I'll post a laymans review. By means I'm an expert. But have intuition and common sense, perhaps intelligence when in a clear space. -:)
Still awaiting

Well if anyone knows that EYRi ( old Hermes who NEVER deliver even if they are asked and parcel lying on shed depot floors ) haven't delivered.
I also vowed and told supplier of they use them again, I'll endeavour to cut ties and purchases where I can.

However Ive received, a Battledress RGMT watch ......for review right now, it's a heavy bulky piece in essence, the designers sacrifice weight and size 45 mm over practicality. How can you call yourself "a designer" of you make such glaring mistakes. If one checks, the net, no one's mentions the weight on the specs or on any sites. Strange:-(

However I did listen to a Bretling podcast, some interesting guy who knew what he's actually was talking ABOUT, including teams of designers, and watchmakers and manufacturing processes. I'll post the link if I can find it....here..one of the best podcasts I've listened to and stick in the physicie.

Someone please tell these "watchmakers" no one wants to walk around with a "5 kg " weight that feels and looks clunky. No wonder the high end watches go for a tidy sum. No wonder the classy expensive watches are a pleasure to hold, look at and desire, where as the breeze blocks we wear on the wrist or are persuaded to buy are boring, dull, weighty, and just lie in the draws collecting dust. The dust will probably weigh more than the watch eventually. 😂 :)

I look forward to any concurring or even contrasting opinions on ideas

1 - 14 of 14 Posts