WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,654 Posts
It's official- I want one!
I didn't say I could afford one, just that I want one.
And I bet that 53-jewel movement will cost more than what my house is worth!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
It's official- I want one!
I didn't say I could afford one, just that I want one.
And I bet that 53-jewel movement will cost more than what my house is worth!
I'm pretty sure it doen't cost more than your house :)
11.000 euro or 14.500 USD .... not that expensive ... and that is 20% taxes INCLUSIVE so export from Europe and import to the US will even make it a few K cheaper

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why would such a nice watch have a dial that looks like it was spray painted on through a template? :confused1: Sorry, but it looks a little cheesy to me. This is classy:
nothing wrong with the Glashutte, but it's a matter of personal taste
At least this Ressence has a dial you don't see on every other watch

·
Registered
598 Posts
Interesting idea, but the design is a little too Euro-techno for my eye, as if it came straight off of a CAD/CAM program - could be an Ikea product.

Nomos does this same type of look, but comes across as better finished.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Interesting idea, but the design is a little too Euro-techno for my eye, as if it came straight off of a CAD/CAM program - could be an Ikea product.
That is too funny -- I was just about to post that the look is "Nouveau Ikea"...:biggrin:

Be that as it may, I find the working of the dial ingenious.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I took a little while but I figured out how they did it . There is a pinion on the fourth wheel to drive the second hand and a geared track that drives the sub dial . The am/pm dial is driven off a pinion connected to the mainspring barrel with it own geared track like an hour recorder on a chronograph . Very different than the Vincent Calabrese . I think it would be difficult to embellish the subdials without adding weight and or thickness ,but I would like to see something a little more intricate .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts