WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently been looking at the Reserve Excursion Quartz Stainless Bracelet. Also like the the gold plated bracelet. Just wondering if anyone who has them can comment. They really strike me (the blue dial) because of the shine that they let off. I know they are big and heavy, just can't get over that shine. Is it too heavy/awkward to wear? Could you wear it on, say, a job interview or is to too much? If you don't recommend the Excursion, what other watch (any brand) would give off a great shine like that with a blue dial?

I recently just purchased my first Invicta, the Subaqua III MOP with Poly Strap goldtone/black and love it. My first big watch, but once I've worn it a couple times I enjoy it, and love the look!!

I also have a Citizen Eco-Drive that I love, as well as a Relic that was my first watch purchase. While they are both nice, they just don't have that full out shine that the Excursion has (or seems to have on TV anyway). Maybe the Excursion just seems shinier because it's bigger and draws more attention to itself.

Just would like a little input from some experts.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
I actually purchased one awhile ago and ended up returning it because it was to big for me. Its a beautiful watch with an excellent bracelet that was super comfortable but I just couldn't get past the size. I would also venture to say that it might be a little over the top for a job interview. For those occasions I would steer towards a more understated and classic style. Download and look through their catalogs you might find another you might like. All this is personal preference though. So if you really like it then I say get it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply! I'm leaning towards getting it, but with already one "big" watch, don't know if I want another or not. Just love the highly polished bracelet. I see people with polished watches from time to time at work, maybe I should just start asking what kind of watch they have on.

What are the pro diver's like? They that polished? I was looking at those before I came across the excursion.

Thinking about going out during the week and looking at some watches in stores (or in person I should say) to get a better idea than just what I see on TV/pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
A watch doesn't get more polished and shiny than the Excursion. The pro diver line is not entirely polished. The center links of the bracelet have a brushed finish. Classic look (a homage to the Rolex Submariner)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got on Ebay the Excursion gold plated blue for 225. Hope I like it. Only downfall of ebay, is can't return it if don't like it. Hope I like it as much as I think I will.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Congrats on your new Excursion it is a great timepiece. I own two of them both on poly straps and love them both. Welcome to the forum and be sure to post often.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just wanted to update and say I got the watch and LOVE it!! I was worried, but it truly is a great watch. I love my Subaqua, but I like the Excursion more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts