WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally arrived home after so many months in the high country of Colorado that I was beginning to feel like Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz. I can now testify that it is possible to survive without the Internet.

In reply to the several threads on Bulova Precisionist accuracy that I have been watching over the past several months. Some of you may remember that I had received a note from Oliverb that his Accuquartz watch battery had died. Five months had passed and my Precisionist had gained 9 to10 seconds.
http://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/bulova-accutron-forum/57207-4.htm

We are coming up on the one year anniversary and unless the battery fails completely in the next few days, I think it is safe to say that this Precisionist will be, technically speaking, within 10 seconds per year. Last July, my watch stopped gaining time and is now losing approximately one second per month. It is 3 seconds fast since it was set last December.

Some of you will argue that this is no way to test the accuracy of a watch and I would agree. The Precisionist may not meet COSC quartz chronometer standards but this was a real world test and I can't name another watch that could average better than 2 or 3 seconds per year.

In addition, reviews that say Bulova is a optimistic on claims of battery life (3 years) are correct. I plan to change the battery on January 1st and will get back to you in a year or so.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Welcome back! You sure were missed here. I'm certain we have a boat load of questions for you.

I sold my Claremont Precisionist and bought a new Diver model instead - water resistant to 990'! Prices on Precisionist watches on eBay have been dropping like flies. My Diver model was $535 MSRP AND I PAID $239 with free S&H. may be even less now, who knows. Sales have not been very good, apparently. My new Precisionist seems to be more accurate than the first, 3 secs. fast in almost 4 months. It is dated "B1" while the first was dated "B0". There has been a lot of negative comments on other forums about Precisionist accuracy. Glad to hear yours has settled in. After a battery replacement, my Accuquartz has continued it's amazing accuracy. BTW, there is a Chrono model out now with an MSRP of $699 for the cheapest model. Think I will wait a couple of years until the price drops to less than half and get one. LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.