WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's got the look & the features that I find in a great tool...

A thick and beefy case, a nice flat hardlex crystal & screw down retaining ring, Some HE gas resistence which is a plus, great seiko lume, a high torque 7 jewels quartz power plant w/ antimagnetic shield, unidirectional 120 click ratcheted bezel, and 200m water resistance!
:thumbup1:

Hope you like the shots...

Cheers, :001_smile:
Jim

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hey how are you Diver88, its good to catch your reply

Well she's NOS as you can see, still has the hang tag and the caseback decal.
The lume is okay but were talking 25 yr old lume, the marker cups are good sized as you know, basically just like the modern SKX dials markers with a good amount of lume applied, but she only last with a good glow for a half hour, then the lights get turned down for a couple hours then fades away to a light glow. The lume ages and looses its brightness over time and this watch dates to (May 1987).

Thanks & glad you like the watch!
:biggrin:

Cheers,
Jim

that is just pretty darn cool mR Jim:thumbup1:

hows the lume and how old is the new stock?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well she's NOS as you can see, still has the hang tag and the caseback decal.
The lume is okay but were talking 25 yr old lume, the marker cups are good sized as you know, basically just like the modern SKX dials markers with a good amount of lume applied, but she only last with a good glow for a half hour, then the lights get turned down for a couple hours then fades away to a light glow. The lume ages and looses its brightness over time and this watch dates to (May 1987) with the 1st battery calendar date punch for 1990, serial number first two digits being 75.

Thanks & glad you like the watch!
:biggrin:

Cheers,
Jim
I wouldn't have recognized this one as a 7c43. Very nice, Poseidon.

You're pulling some rabbits out of the hat lately! :001_smile:

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Rick, thanks & yeah I've been going after Rabbits that I wanted to trap

Jack Rabbits are sometimes hard to snag, but I've been lucky!
:lol:

Good to see you & Thanks,
Jim

I wouldn't have recognized this one as a 7c43. Very nice, Poseidon.

You're pulling some rabbits out of the hat lately! :001_smile:

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Exactly Rick & thanks...

It's still magic really, these vintage quartz movements can tick for 25 years or more, some less and some more without a service.

:thumbup1:
Jim

It was kind of magic when these quartz divers were coming out. Quartz itself was the latest technology around 1978. The 7548's were nice as well, but this one rocks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.