WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

The "better half" as we call them in Britain was at her sisters today and that left me to indulge in a few favourite pastimes with no disturbance (in no particular order):

a) Football
b) Watches
c) Ermmmm - things with ladies that look nice on the internet.

But concentrating on option b) I thought you might like to see me concentrating on this sites interest (in other words a boy with his toys) whilst "the boss" was out!

PS - I only have an iPhone Camera as I spend too much on watches (sorry for the poor photography).

A bit of fun - I hope you like.

PS - she really is away and this Shiraz is bloody lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Whee! Quite the frolic - looks like fun. I do enjoy laying out the toys every now and again myself.

I admit I'm curious - what's in the TAGHeuer box?

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
Well, that was the most well mannered instance of PWI I've seen in about a year. I like the "psst, buddy.... wanna buy a watch" shot too. :thumbup1:

·
Banned
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whee! Quite the frolic - looks like fun. I do enjoy laying out the toys every now and again myself.

I admit I'm curious - what's in the TAGHeuer box?
Aww he's my baby. The first watch I bought that (at the time) cost me what I thought was a fortune.

It was a daily wear for 6 years (quartz Tag AquaRacer) which was on my wrist at my wedding, honeymoon and other important trips. It can't compete in cost or horological excellence with any of my other watches - but if you tried to steal it you had better be prepared to kill me.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Nice watches!

They deserve a better camera....

·
Registered
172 Posts
Forehead Just Hit Desk

That IWC is, without a doubt, my favorite watch in the world ever. I took it's place at the top from the 1964 Heuer Carrera 12.

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
WOW!!! Great collection there GETS! :001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1:

Love that 5135G. My #1 'obtainable grail'. Someday I WILL own that watch! Love it! :001_tt1:

Aww he's my baby. The first watch I bought that (at the time) cost me what I thought was a fortune.

It was a daily wear for 6 years (quartz Tag AquaRacer) which was on my wrist at my wedding, honeymoon and other important trips. It can't compete in cost or horological excellence with any of my other watches - but if you tried to steal it you had better be prepared to kill me.
Gee that sounds familiar... :thumbup:

My first 'good' watch was also a 2000, mine is the automatic version of it. I had a friend who was able to get me one for a good price, though like you I thought "you want how much for that?!?!?!?" :scared:

It was a daily-wearer for years, and though it doesn't get much wrist time at all anymore, it'll never leave my side.

Here's mine....

14 years old & she still runs like she's brand new.... :biggrin: :thumbup1:

·
Banned
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have to say you've kept your bezel in far better nick than I managed to do! Mines a bit worn and beat up.

Thanks for the comment about the 5135G. I was looking at many of their watches in my AD and liking - liking them lots - but then he brought out the 5135 and I just let out a little groan. My wife laughed as it was the same little groan I let out when I had seen the house we bought together. It's that little groan that says "I'm about to part with a lot of money...."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts