WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just invented this in my head and hope you'll find it fun. Idea is simple: give as tough as a balanced equation as you can. Single rule is - make sure you post pictures to illustrate your math :w00t:

Let me start with an example:

Chopard 1937 = Nomos Zurich + Zenith Elite Ultra Thin
criteria = prices of in-house dress watches

is priced as much as below two

+

If you like the play - post your watch math :w00t:

·
Banned
3,655 Posts
Sorry I do not understand. Would participate if I did.

I guess Valtyr did not either. Sorry

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
My understanding is we're trying to show what watches we sold or traded to get to a higher priced watch.

I've never sold a watch though.

So mine would be

=

·
Banned
3,655 Posts
But you just bought that watch. I thought you loved it. So why sell it and for what. You lost me.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Everyone's equation is trying to show which watch they have now and what watches they sold to get it. My ML was just $$$. Nothing sold to get it, just money.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Or you could show a dream watch, and then 2 or 3 watches you could own for the same exact amount.
Pretty much what Dennis said but let's not keep it locked down, but rather open. So, don't focus around the money criteria alone. Money equivalent is what I used but you can go for something else, like how often you see / find a watch. "A limited edition Lum Tec 50 psc is ~ 20 times more rare than the limited edition Chopard in post #1" - showing pictures of both...

You can play it any way you can twist it, as long as you can put a ratio or a comparison between watches. Hope this gives you some more pointers :wink:

What Dennis posted is crazy - I guess this is where one ends up after years of collecting. First you chase single, high-priced new(ish) watches, which later exchange for multiple vintage beauties and you make some cash on the side... I find myself in the very beginning of the journey, chasing high-priced new(ish) models... :001_wub:

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
What Dennis posted is crazy - I guess this is where one ends up after years of collecting. First you chase single, high-priced new(ish) watches, which later exchange for multiple vintage beauties and you make some cash on the side... I find myself in the very beginning of the journey, chasing high-priced new(ish) models... :001_wub:
Actually, it's the other way around - I'm selling vintage watches I don't wear anymore and pooling the funds from multiple sales to upgrade to one nicer watch (vintage or modern). Sold my IWC Spitfire, a vintage Longines Olympian, and a vintage Breilting along with something else I forget at the moment to fund the AP ultra-thin a little while ago.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts